• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Locking the doors while car is unoccupied and engine running
2 2

7 posts in this topic

With all my previous cars using physical keys to lock doors and start ignition, I could start the engine and run it for  5 minutes on the driveway to warm it up, melt windscreen ice etc. before getting in and driving off. To prevent theft, I would lock the car with my spare key set and head back indoors to finish getting ready. Many people I know, if not most, sometimes do this in very cold weather.

But when I try to do this with my key-carded Kadjar, the doors will not lock. It was a particular problem last weekend when my daughter had a severe respiratory infection and bad cough and needed to get into an already warm car when I took her out - the initially cold air badly affected her.

Does anyone know if and how it's possible to do this with a Kadjar (Sig Nav)?

I think you have to take the pain and sit in the car yourself whilst warming it up. It's not something that most would say is desirable, what if you then misplaced the key.

My similar issue with the qashqai and can only assume the kadjar is the same, is that the heated seats have a pressure switch in them that prevents you pre heating the seats on winter morns, they call it progress, or is it regression. 

I really don't understand the problem.  Just start the car, put the heating on max, get out taking the key card with you, close the door, have a coffee.  If the doors are locked on your return then unlock them with the key card.  This works fine for me.  Another option is to leave the door slightly open while having a coffee!  :)

There is of course another non-PC option.....  Send the wife out to warm the car up while you have the coffee. However, this option is not covered under warranty :lol:

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, RTFishall said:

There is of course another non-PC option.....  Send the wife out to warm the car up while you have the coffee. However, this option is not covered under warranty :lol:

I'll let you know how that suggestion went if the surgery is a success :wacko: