• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Hello all Kadjar Owners
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hiya all,

Just about to order my new Kadjar - after very careful consideration and a whole lot of contemplating - I've decided on a Silver 1.5 Diesel S Nav.

Had a test drive yesterday - was quite pleased - I think I've found a good replacement for my 2008 Freelander - well it should be more economical, shouldn't it?? 

Sad to see it go - but looking forward to the 'Kadjar'

Thanks Melville,

Have you driven your Kadjar in the snow?? I take it you have had snow in N.E.Scotland - was it OK?  I know it will not be as good as the Freelander but for the little snow we have had - and now I have retired I don't anticipate driving if the weather is too bad.

Hi Was your freelander 4x4  🤔 if so you will find a big difference if not much the same(⛄️ in snow. ⛄️ )  and yes you should get about 50 mpg  🙃 from kadjar which is maybe  😀 just a little more than your landi. 🤔🤔 hope you enjoy your  kj as much as we do ours

JC. 😎😎🥃🥃

17 hours ago, Noel G said:

Thanks Melville,

Have you driven your Kadjar in the snow?? I take it you have had snow in N.E.Scotland - was it OK?  I know it will not be as good as the Freelander but for the little snow we have had - and now I have retired I don't anticipate driving if the weather is too bad.

I think you might be disappointed in that respect, but the economy will be up about 50% I'd guess

My comments here 

Hello

Kadjar is absolutely terrible in the snow, It will go no where,  Recent experience and £3500 worth of damage when it slid down my driveway and came to an abrupt stop by hitting a wooden fence strainer, Nothing as surreal as seeing your car sliding past and cant do anything to stop it, The continentals have plenty tread on them but they defiantly dont like the snow !! so have to go and get some winter tyres ??  Has anyone else experienced the same ?? or even driven safely in the snow ??

13 hours ago, Wilmac said:

Hello

Kadjar is absolutely terrible in the snow, It will go no where,  Recent experience and £3500 worth of damage when it slid down my driveway and came to an abrupt stop by hitting a wooden fence strainer, Nothing as surreal as seeing your car sliding past and cant do anything to stop it, The continentals have plenty tread on them but they defiantly dont like the snow !! so have to go and get some winter tyres ??  Has anyone else experienced the same ?? or even driven safely in the snow ??

So... what you're saying should sound like "Summer tires are terrible in snow", but I suppose it's ICE you're talking about. If so, ther are no type of tires that would help you in this situation! I live in Austria and I've driven in snow at least once a week from September to now. With my Nokian tires the car handles perfect in the snowy mountain and tight fast corners, although it's only 2WD (the speed limit here is a little bit higher though).

But I'm sorry for your experience. Hope all sorts good and painless.

Good evening all, just collected our 66 (17 plate) Kadjar dynamic s nav EDC a few hours ago 😀 There was a delay with the delivery so the garage in good curtesy gave us their demo for 5 days, fell in love with it straight away. Instantly the right option and couldn't wait for ours to arrive, now it's here taken pride and place on our drive. 

Suz    2

Hi all 

after a lot of searching and test driving of a few suv I have finally picked a signature nav s in black hopefully for the 1st March. My only concern has been the bonnet and the sides being a bit high than other suvs. Has anyone else thought they are high or is it just me? 

2 hours ago, Suz said:

Hi all 

after a lot of searching and test driving of a few suv I have finally picked a signature nav s in black hopefully for the 1st March. My only concern has been the bonnet and the sides being a bit high than other suvs. Has anyone else thought they are high or is it just me? 

It was shocking for me at the beginning, having in mind, I come from a balloon shaped Scenic. After some days - feeling very comfortable.

10 hours ago, Suz said:

Hi all 

We downsized from a Zafira Tourer and it's taken 6 months for us to feel we are sat in a smaller vehicle; the nose shape isn't ideal for judging where-you-are in a narrow space. The side-sensors are good though and have stopped us clunking the alloys on high pavements. We particularly like the reversing camera, LED headlights and auto-dipping main beam [which wasn't on our list-of-features-we-want] It feels like a car, rather than a van, which the Zafira did [maybe that's partly because we changed from 2L diesel to 1.2L petrol power?] The ride-height got us through some main-road flooding where an Insignia was being towed away. The main downsides for us have been the fuel-consumption of the petrol engine, and having to re-learn clutch technique setting-off on hills [because the clutch is set high and the 1.2 petrol has little torque at low revs] We'd pick it again though!

Suz    2

I have been driving a Ford Fiesta for the last few years so it is a bit of a shock as to how high the bonnet is. I have had three test drives and still not sure if I have made the right decision. Just hope I get use to it and it won’t be an expensive mistake where I want to get rid of it 

8 minutes ago, Suz said:

I have been driving a Ford Fiesta for the last few years so it is a bit of a shock as to how high the bonnet is. I have had three test drives and still not sure if I have made the right decision. Just hope I get use to it and it won’t be an expensive mistake where I want to get rid of it 

It will be quite a change from a Fiesta! We always have the driver's seat set to maximum height, that seems to help with visibility, and the steering column adjusts once you've got a height you like [I remember the Old Days when cars didn't have that!] We tried smaller-size SUVs and always thought the windscreen was a bit like "Tunnel Vision", the Kadjar isn't like that. We are pensioners and have got used to the front end, I'd be surprised if you didn't! Good luck!

On 13/02/2018 at 10:48 AM, Wilmac said:

Hello

You are bang on. I tried to park my car on 2" of snow on my very steep drive. Have lived there 22 years and this is the first time I;ve had a car slide out of my drive. I normally park up and get out then put a couple of bricks under the rear wheels for security. 

Got out and had to chase the spinning car down the drive, luckily no damage apart to me, I fell over trying to stop an approaching car.

They are too wide for the car and the tread is useless in poor weather. I road early Jap import motorbikes in the late 60's, they had what we called suicide tyres, they where more nylon than rubber, the continentals have similar characteristics.

No. you can't expect rally tyre performance from Renaults standard fir tyres but you should be abler to expect a reasonable compromise of grip V handling in all seasons.

It's a simple fact that the car is too light for the footprint of the tyre without specific winter tyres being fitted in most northern euro climbs.

Regarding what Suz said, I too find the Kadjar bonnet line indistinctive, but for me it's the lack of swage lines to give a rifle sight reference as to kerb position. Coming from a qashqai that car was much easier to position on tight roads. I ended up with srips of white tape on the dash to give an alignment point. (I'm the only driver so far so the seat height/position is a constant)

We have had snow this winter like you have never seen, and the Kadjar drives just fine on the snow.

But then nobody would use summer tyres here during the winter.

There may be some major and minor points you might want to criticise the Kadjar on, but driving on snow is not one of them, at least not when using proper winter tyres.

20 hours ago, Suz said:

Hi all 

My only concern has been the bonnet and the sides being a bit high than other suvs. Has anyone else thought they are high or is it just me? 

I think the front wings are too high for good visibility close to the kerb, and this is maybe the main irritation I feel when driving the Kadjar.

But, if this is the worst issue on a car, maybe it's not such a bad place to be anyway?

15 hours ago, 1898 said:

We have had snow this winter like you have never seen, and the Kadjar drives just fine on the snow.

But then nobody would use summer tyres here during the winter.

There may be some major and minor points you might want to criticise the Kadjar on, but driving on snow is not one of them, at least not when using proper winter tyres.

Problem is we don't have enough snow to warrant a second set of winter tyres, when it does snow it's gone the next day. Ok. I simplified that, there are of course areas in the uk that are badly affected but not the majority of us. There's also the issue of cars on lease and on motability here. Choice of tyres doesn't exist and you would have to ask for express permission to fit other than standard fit.

Let me re qualify what I said, I've had cars since I was 17, many rear wheel drive, never had an issue on flat snow or even sensible hill climbing, but the kadjar is different take it near any incline and it shows a nasty tendency to slide, but it's fine on the flat.

In perspective we live just outside the peak district in the UK, we have had 1 3" fall of snow this year and none last year. My view narrower tyres of any type would improve traction.

Putting winter tires is not only for the snow. The rubber is softer and handles much better in cold weather (bellow 7 C). Summer tires become "plastic" in low temp. The snow situation is the same in my hometown in Bulgaria - two times a year for a day, but we all use winter tires (me - from October to May. You never know when will you have to cross some mountain pass for example)

Hi Yes you are correct about tyres but one thing to remember in U.K. some insurance companies consider winter tyres as a modification so you need to inform them or take your chance on them not paying but remember don't be a winger if they don't ,those winter tyres  don't like warm days which is most of our winter ????😎 and I suspect doing 70 or maybe sometimes a little more shhh they may overheat don't know ?????🤔

JC😎😎🥃🥃

In my country, the insurance company may refuse to compensate you if you're involved in a crash with summer tires in the winter. If there is snow, you better leave your car and use public transport, then risk your life and lives of others.