• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Keycard problems
2 2

5 posts in this topic

My keycard seems to be u/s. 

Asked my dealer to fit a new battery due to the ' keycard battery low' warning on the dashboard;  1 week later - same warning plus ' hold the keycard close to the start/stop button' warning, fitted another new battery; same thing happened again - another new battery. 

Now have the car booked in to the dealer.

Anyone else?

Hi              Yes had this one toooooooo came up battery low fitted ( cheap one ) new battery went down again fitted maxell battery ( quality )    been ok for 3-4 months  also try to keep away from credit cards and metal objects in pockets  does seem to shield signal on occasion 

best of luck 

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS. 🎄🎄🎄🎄🌲🌲🌲🌲🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃

JC

On 24/12/2017 at 1:35 PM, barracuda1 said:

Never happened to me....................yet.   I am presuming you tried it also with the spare keycard you got when you received the car.

The battery in the 'other' card (white) is the original and the keycard functions perfectly; I've just tried  another new battery from a different source in the black KC and as soon as I entered the car - "keycard battery low".  This is despite the new battery reading well above 3v . BTW I purchased the vehicle new is July 2016.

Hi I Use black bought car WIFE saw nice shiny white + chrome 😀said that's MINE  thing is she does not even drive !!!!!🤔 Shafted again me thinks oh yes😟

JC😎🥃🥃🥃🥃

I mentioned the colour to confirm that I had performed the common-sense fault finding procedure.

Remember what your mummy told you - " It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."