R-Link update.
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone.  Just thought I would let you know that my Bristol dealership updated the r-link on my May 2017 Kadjar from 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.18.590 with the boot release staying the same 4992. I now have dab station text information also any phone text's are now read out. I still have dab heart radio loosing signal every 4 minutes even when stationary, but you guessed it renault are aware of this known fault and are working on a software update. As not all Kadjars have this fault I will not be holding my breath.☺😬 merry Christmas and a happy r-link new year to all.🎅

After nearly a year of chasing Renault, patiently waiting or the 2.2.18.590 update that was coming 'soon' and being disappointed with remaining defects I have given up with them.  I told them I'm going to buy an external sat nav system and I expect them to compensate me for this - we'll see what they say....

I had my R-Link updated yesterday because my phone stopped connecting to it.

It was also meant to fix my DAB dropout problem as well.

Phone is now fine but the DAB just keeps dropping out they told me they had tested the radio but I drove 100 yards from the dealership in Newport and it stopped working and stopped a further 5 times on my journey home.

Not sure where I can go from here because they said to ring them to let them know how things went.

They also said that if there was a problem there was nothing that they could do for me so I will be stuck with a Radio that doesn’t work as intended.

Pretty poor really.

9 hours ago, Stan_L said:

Pretty poor really.

Agreed , but I can't say I'm surprised :blink: . R Link has had problems from launch and Renault still haven't fixed it ? not to mention the " always out of date " maps 

Rlink is a scandal  they are selling cars with a component that is not fit for purpose and Renault will not acknowledge the issues.  I no longer own a Kadjar, a car which I liked very much i can't say the same for Renault. In the past I did contact BBC Watchdog and also BBC Radio  You & Yours but unless they get enough complaints the won't take up the story.

I even posted on here to ask other Forum member to do the same and let me no if they had - i didn't get a single reply despite the post being viewed by over a hundred people. I don't understand  why you guys just except paying £25k for a car that is not fit for purpose    

11 minutes ago, ianhove said:

Rlink is a scandal  they are selling cars with a component that is not fit for purpose and Renault will not acknowledge the issues.  I no longer own a Kadjar, a car which I liked very much i can't say the same for Renault. In the past I did contact BBC Watchdog and also BBC Radio  You & Yours but unless they get enough complaints the won't take up the story.

I even posted on here to ask other Forum member to do the same and let me no if they had - i didn't get a single reply despite the post being viewed by over a hundred people. I don't understand  why you guys just except paying £25k for a car that is not fit for purpose    

How is the Ateca ?

1 hour ago, ulfire said:

How is the Ateca ?

Fabulous ! although ironically the SAT NAV Display layout isn't as good as the Kadjar - no Junction views or route signs but the maps are up to date! can't have everything :D