• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Walk away door locking
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I have a 2017 on loan and find it pretty annoying, I think I would turn it off if it was my own car.

It is pretty sensitive on distance, putting my son in the back, and then walking round the front is enough to lock the car

In use I find there are more situations where I want to walk away from the car and leave it temporarily unlocked.

Maybe there are settings that can be tweaked if I could be bothered looking, but at the minute I don't like it

Two points: there are no sensors at the front, therefore put your son in the back and then walk round the back to your side. Secondly, when you walk away and the car locks just press the unlock button on your remote and it will stay unlocked and the inner sensors are disarmed. I've lost count of the times I've forgotten this and walked round the front. Anyway pressing the button on the door handle is no big deal, except when you have an active child inside setting off the alarms.

Tried it but turned mine off within  a month, too many issues with the grandkids who can never make their minds up if they want to stay in or  get out, sometimes even with other adult passengers. Everything happens too quickly becauise it's very short range and by the time they've made their minds up, I'm at the shop doorway (if I'm near it) from where I can control everything, lock/unlock/disable internal sensors. I love the long range of the manual key fob.

On 12/21/2017 at 0:22 AM, Dave4774 said:

Tried it but turned mine off within  a month, too many issues with the grandkids who can never make their minds up if they want to stay in or  get out, sometimes even with other adult passengers. Everything happens too quickly becauise it's very short range and by the time they've made their minds up, I'm at the shop doorway (if I'm near it) from where I can control everything, lock/unlock/disable internal sensors. I love the long range of the manual key fob.

I would consider changing your grandchildren if I were you.

20 hours ago, Copybot said:

I would consider changing your grandchildren if I were you.

Haha very funny. Bottom line: there can be too much automation, I prefer to have manual control, at least over how and when my car locks. It's purely down to personal preference and circumstances, which is precisely why there are options provided.