How do you use start stop feature?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, AOne said:

Exactly :)

It's just 1 of those problems that's not worth wasting time and travel over, life's too short and all that.

The real issue is that if you collect enough of these minor points, the chance of ever opting for another Renault diminishes rapidly.

33 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

It's just 1 of those problems that's not worth wasting time and travel over, life's too short and all that.

The real issue is that if you collect enough of these minor points, the chance of ever opting for another Renault diminishes rapidly.

Well, I drive renaults for more then 6 years and I'm pretty pleased with the cars. Best value for money. There's also no guarantee if you switch to VW for example, it would be perfect in every aspect, beside the cost is a big difference. There are also faulty  details. I have absolutely no complains bout the car for 20K km and 6 months. Even the R-link works perfect. What's irritating me is only the Nissan inherited thing like the windows controls and car locking. The interior is also very "plastic" and cheap, but everything else is good enough. The fact that so many people from over Europe find this forum first to complain bout troubles they have, doesn't mean the car is crap in general :)

23 hours ago, AOne said:

Well, I drive renaults for more then 6 years and I'm pretty pleased with the cars. Best value for money. There's also no guarantee if you switch to VW for example, it would be perfect in every aspect, beside the cost is a big difference. There are also faulty  details. I have absolutely no complains bout the car for 20K km and 6 months. Even the R-link works perfect. What's irritating me is only the Nissan inherited thing like the windows controls and car locking. The interior is also very "plastic" and cheap, but everything else is good enough. The fact that so many people from over Europe find this forum first to complain bout troubles they have, doesn't mean the car is crap in general :)

No one has said "the car is crap in general".

I wasn't referring to myself, my Renault megane super tourer was bought at 10 months old and sold at 8 years, virtually faultless. Wife has had 2 clios, inc the near new one we have at present, daughter 2 clios and a megane, other daughter a megane and a scenic, none has had a single major problem.

What I meant was people coming to the brand. If you've had a car you consider near perfect then start getting little niggles from possibly your 1st Renault, it's likely to be your last, that was the point.

There is another point, of course people come here to moan, it's the same on every forum regardless of subject or brand. To be honest I quite like that. You can go to the dealer and he will blow the trumpet for the car, he'll even overstate it's virtues.

Then you can come here and get the otherside of the discussion.

Sorry Aone, I was still editing my post when you read it.