Hi, new member here <waves>
2 2

8 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, SteveT said:

Hi, just signed up to the forum.  Getting a Kadjar Dynamique S Nav on Saturday morning, replacing my current Renault Zoe.

Steve

Welcome, hope all goes well, big jump in car size?

Let us know your views after a week or so of ownership, we are "naturally curious", (well just bloody nosey really):rolleyes::D

4 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Welcome, hope all goes well, big jump in car size?

Let us know your views after a week or so of ownership, we are "naturally curious", (well just bloody nosey really):rolleyes::D

My test drive was in a Signature and the Dynamique S Nav spec I'm getting is pretty much what I have in the Zoe so I'm expecting it to all be good, had a cheesy grin on my face all the way round the test drive ha ha.

I'm used to driving bigger cars anyway, the Zoe was the smallest I've had since my first car 20 years ago (that was a Nissan Micra) - since then I've been through a Primera, a Mondeo, a Mazda 6, 2 Octavia's and the Zoe, this'll be my first crossover/4x4 sized car though.

My first impression from sitting in the Kadjar (the exact one as I'm having the showroom model) is of so much space up front, the Zoe is surprisingly tardis-like but compromised on rear passenger space with where the front seats sit for taller people (I'm 5ft10 and I wouldn't want to sit behind me lol).  Boot size is on the Kadjar is impressive and I like the split floor idea, never had that before.  I'll report back on the drive once I've had a few days in it.

Steve

22 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Welcome to the nuthouse, and back to paying for fuel. Which engine are you getting?

Yeah it'll be weird going to petrol stations again.  I've gone for the 1.2 petrol with an auto gearbox.

17 hours ago, SteveT said:

Yeah it'll be weird going to petrol stations again.  I've gone for the 1.2 petrol with an auto gearbox.

Plenty of visits for petrol as many owners on here have reported, so you'll get used to it very quickly.

So a week and 2 days in.....  it's a nice drive, relaxed cruiser more than pushing on and racing round everywhere, the 1.2 is torquey low down and a few times I've had the fronts slipping while pulling away at junctions.  More used to the size but first time in the work car park realised it's almost as wide as the space lol.  Comfy ride but noticed a pain in my lower back after a couple of days, adjusted how I sit in the drivers seat and been ok since.  So all in all a positive start to life with the Kadjar 😀.