• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

How to start cruise control?
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Apologies for the newbie question, but I'm struggling to get the cruise control to work.

I've pressed the switch by the gear stick to activate it and the message 'cruise control' appears in green on the display.

Say for example, I'm traveling at 60. I'll flick the little switch up on the left. As I understand it, that's what you need to do. So I lift off the gas, but then the speed starts to drop. So obviously cruise control isn't working. 

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Kipper2008 said:

Apologies for the newbie question, but I'm struggling to get the cruise control to work.

I've pressed the switch by the gear stick to activate it and the message 'cruise control' appears in green on the display.

Say for example, I'm traveling at 60. I'll flick the little switch up on the left. As I understand it, that's what you need to do. So I lift off the gas, but then the speed starts to drop. So obviously cruise control isn't working. 

Thanks.

Press it twice.

25 minutes ago, Kipper2008 said:

Thanks.

Hello, when you flick the switch upwards on the steering wheel at 60mph, the display should change to show the speed you've set? Here's the online Kadjar guide: http://gb.e-guide.renault.com/eng/Kadjar At the top of the page is a "Download the handbook" link, it's a 304 page pdf. Sections 2.57/2.58 describe the Cruise Control operation in detail....

Yep, tried flicking the switch twice and nothing happens. The display still remains at 'cruise control'. 

Speed limiter works. I can set the max speed using the switch to plus and minus.

Any other suggestions? I've followed the Renault as well as this one here: 

Is your automatic hand brake working properly? There's a switch on the gearbox, wich determins in which gear are you. If it defects, the cruise control won't "bite" and the parking brake won't let go automatically.

6 hours ago, AOne said:

Is your automatic hand brake working properly? There's a switch on the gearbox, wich determins in which gear are you. If it defects, the cruise control won't "bite" and the parking brake won't let go automatically.

As far as I'm aware, the automatic handbrake is working properly. No issues with it.

Hi Sounds to me the only possible thing you could be doing wrong is having foot on brake or clutch pedal which turns off the system so I suspect it will not allow it to turn on  just a thought hope you get sorted soon  🙃good luck. 🤔

JC😎🥃

On 14/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, J C said:

Hi Sounds to me the only possible thing you could be doing wrong is having foot on brake or clutch pedal which turns off the system so I suspect it will not allow it to turn on  just a thought hope you get sorted soon  🙃good luck. 🤔

JC😎🥃

YESSSSSS! That's worked!

It must be my driving style, but I have my left foot resting on the clutch. When I completely move my foot to the left, I can control the cruise control. 

Many thanks JC and for all who replied too :)

4 hours ago, 1898 said:

The foot should not be on the clutch when driving, it will wear down the clutch bearing prematurely, for no benefit.

My foot is only resting on the clutch, but I guess that makes the smallest press for the cruise control not to work.

Am I the only one to rest their foot on the clutch? Have I been doing it wrong all these years?!