DAB Heart Radio doesn't work in Greater London area
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Ever since I purchased 16 plate Kadjar with R Link 2 in June Heart radio DAB doesn't work - signal drops every 5 mins, Simulcast does not work to switch from DAB over to FM when signal is lost, so i have radio silence for about 1 min until it picks up the signal again. This happens all the time - when I was sat stationary on a driveway for 40 mins testing it and also whilst driving around. In the presets list there is both a Heart London and a Heart Kent - we wonder whether the R Link is somehow confused between the two options. 

I am in Orpington, Kent area. Renault's response from the Orpington dealership is they have tested on Mazda's and other Renaults in the same area and they also have issues with picking up Heart radio. They will do nothing further to assist me. 

My friend in same postcode with 16 plate Captur has no issues with Heart radio station - is it a different version of the R Link to the one in the Kadjar?

Very frustrating to have spent a good chunk of money on a car i am unable to listen to my favourite radio station on.  

Any other Kadjar owners have similar experiences? 

Hi Sophie. I have exactly the same issue but in the Bristol and surrounding areas. Heart bristol,bath,Wiltshire etc all drop out showing signal loss every 4 minutes even when stationary. It comes back instantly if I press the preset station which proves that it is the dab radio and not the signal. My car is May 2017 and on a motobility contract so is booked in for a software update on December 19th. If the issue is not resolved I will be asking for a dab radio replacement which is probably a new r-link as like you I want to listen to my local informative radio station. I had a Renault Captur in 2016 and the dab radio was brilliant. 😤

I have the same issue on my 17 plate Kadjar in the Suffolk/Norfolk area. Looking through the various comments in the forum its a very poor response from Renault. Nav system is also poor in comparison to that on the Fiesta I had previously.

I've picked up a new kadjar in March last year and had trouble with r link from day one.

I signed up for account and they didn't authorise it, the dealer said I had a faulty part that was always on backorder,  that got fixed by someone authorising my account 2-3 months later after some strongly worded emails to technical support and renault UK. 

The radio has never been able to keep recieving heart or any other channel (heart is the worst one I've found) without dropping out. After being bounced between technical services and the dealer they have come up with a second lot of updates for the r link and if that doesn't work they will look into replacing the r-link with a new one.

The dealer did try and tell me that heart has a problem with renault radios.... but no others. Very strange as that suggests that it's not heart that has a problem.

I'll keep you up to date with what happens as it sounds like you have the same problems as I do.

After the software update that I was booked in for just after Xmas, and an extra one that technical services found it seems like they have given up trying and have said they will change the radio itself. A couple of weeks later I get told that the dealer is talking to Renault multimedia to make sure the replacement unit is compatible with the system in my kadjar! So yet more delays in getting it sorted, I'll let you know what happens and whether it gets fixed or not as and when it happens.