• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

rear camera
1 1

20 posts in this topic

hi all

i was wondering if you could fit a camera after you have taken delivery of the car i am getting the kadjar sig and dont see the point in paying for the techno pack as i already get the park  sensors and dont like the auto parking so £800 pounds for a camera is a little expensive

i take it the car will be pre wired for this as it must be cheaper to fit one standard wiring loom than say two/ three different ones  

thanks 

mark 

Hi I've ordered an auto signature, which is due in April, I've paid £500 for the parking pack. Also the added extra of heated leather seats hope it's worth the wait. I know £500 is a lot of cash for a camera but I'm planning on keeping the car for a long time! Very excited can't wait

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I've ordered an auto signature, which is due in April, I've paid £500 for the parking pack. Also the added extra of heated leather seats hope it's worth the wait. I know £500 is a lot of cash for a camera but I'm planning on keeping the car for a long time! Very excited can't wait

Hi and welcome to the forum. The camera is nice to have it is a really good bright screen got one myself, as you say £500 is a lot but it is the same with all "extras" on new cars they never seem value for money, we just HAVE to have them. 

Hi I have looked all over the Internet and couldn't find a Sutable answer

I think you can get a device for the captur but it's expensive I asked a local guy who does ice equipment and with it being a new car needs to look in to it for me so when i find out I will let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Walshy1690 - what you found is something different than a simple camera. To install the video interface seems pretty difficult. I found this for other Renault cars http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/849955/file/Renault_Video_Interface_manual.pdf

And I am not sure how happy will be Renault and if they will not have something to say about warranty.

I collected my Dynamique Nav dCi 110 on Saturday and have been experimenting with fitting a reversing camera that I had bought for a previous Renault Grand Scenic but hadn't used. This has proved to be successful after experimentation with cable routing and power supply. 

My dealer had told me that he would mount my camera bracket for me so that I could position my camera under the number plate and do my own wiring. He said that a system such as mine might compromise the car's electrics but I could try this.

To cut a long story short this system has been mounted and today when I tested it parking in a tight space at my local shopping centre; parking firstly without camera... only my own judgement... I was approximately 2 cm between Kadjar and the car behind in this space. Then after connecting the camera I repositioned Kadjar using the display and had about 10 cm which was much more comfortable.

My result has been successful and all I need to do now is tidy up the wiring inside between the wireless sensor and the power supply.

post-529-0-70643300-1464695451_thumb.jpg

I have been quite successful with this installation using the display from my own camera kit... I didn't want interfere with the Kadjar's own electrics until I can find a proper circuit plan. My exercise was to find out whether my camera installation was possible which it is and I avoided the expense of Renault's own camera.

My own cost £44.99 instead of Renault's cost of substantially more and my own kit suits my needs at the moment.post-529-0-62779600-1464727852_thumb.jpg

post-529-0-95904700-1465473395_thumb.jpgpost-529-0-95904700-1465473395_thumb.jpgpost-529-0-55618500-1465473470_thumb.jpgpost-529-0-21815500-1465473604_thumb.jpgAn update on my previous post re reversing camera fitting. I have since fitted an improved set-up with a larger display and night vision camera.

This new kit cost me less than £35, is brand new and also wireless. The first system I fitted was really a trial to find out whether this would be possible and was successful in proving this. 

My initial kit only had a 2.5 inch display with limited night vision so I researched further on the Internet and found a new system with an RCA connection for the display which gave me more options regarding display size. I have started off with a 4.3 inch folding screen which I can now view without eye-strain and my new camera also shows guidelines on this display to help judge distance.

My new system is working correctly and now all that I need to do now is tidy up the wiring between the display and its power supply.

An update on my efforts with the reversing camera I have fitted: 

All of the cameras I have tried have worked well using the front and rear accessory points to power the display and the rear camera respectively. I used these electrical points as they power off with the ignition so that neither camera nor display are active when the car is parked.

I have used both wireless systems and wired with equally good results. My own system uses RCA connections for both camera and display which means that almost any reversing camera kit can be used provided all the component connections are similar.

I started with a kit using a 4.3 inch folding display which proved to me that a wireless connected system was possible: I then used a similar system with a 7 inch display also successful and ultimately I have used this last 7 inch system with another camera which is integrated with a European number plate surround.post-529-0-56946600-1466375517_thumb.jpgpost-529-0-87645200-1466375583_thumb.jpg

I include a basic wiring diagram for the wireless system I used as a guideline to assist others who wish to try this type of installation... NB this is only a guide.post-529-0-35389100-1466375363_thumb.jpg

My next project will be to mount a front waterproof camera system using another input to my dash display to make parking in limited spaces more "comfortable". 

An update on my previous posts as I have now working displays from rear/cameras and I also have a useful dashcam mounted behind the rear-view mirror and attached to the screen. 

I have used piggy-back connectors from the multimedia fuse near the steering wheel power the cameras and displays. 

I also used RCA connectors for front and rear cameras. 

Previously I had used a wireless setup for the rear number plate mounted camera but I changed this to a wired setup now as I found it quite easy to hide the longer RCA cable under the interior panels and I think I have less interference using this.

I have used the wireless setup for the front mounted camera at the moment because of some difficulty accessing the passenger compartment from the engine bay so that I can run the necessary cables.

Everything works well with this setup and I have been trying various positions for mounting the display so that it doesn't interfere with the driver's view, It is easy to switch between the default rear view and the front camera.

In addition to the above setup I also have mounted a dashcam behind the rear-view mirror taking its power supply via a step-down (12 to 5 volt) transformer mounted in the glove-box to connect to the dashcam via USB. I managed to hide all the cabling behind paneling and under trims.  

I have found this its for the captur but using the rlink set 91a3ccabdef589e00cde1524b207f3b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've looked into this before, for my Megane, the interface for the R link won't work with the R link 2 as on the Kadjar. They are waiting for Renault so they can progress the new interface