Dashboard Rattling noise
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Mac    0

Hi there. I’m having a rattling noise coming from the dashboard. Driver side around tweeter cover. Noise only appear when is little bit cold even in the summer when ac is on but when you heat up, is quiet ! Any of you had this problem ? :( 

I was trying to find the source of this rattle from the bottom of the dashboard but I can’t figure it out where is coming from :( this is killing me ! 

On 05/12/2017 at 0:10 AM, Mac said:

Hi there. I’m having a rattling noise coming from the dashboard. Driver side around tweeter cover. Noise only appear when is little bit cold even in the summer when ac is on but when you heat up, is quiet ! Any of you had this problem ? :( 

I was trying to find the source of this rattle from the bottom of the dashboard but I can’t figure it out where is coming from :( this is killing me ! 

It might be a "Renault Thing", but my Captur kind of suffered from the same thing when it was brand new, as from what i could gather & work out,  the bits of the dashboard used to "bind" & kind of squeak on each other as they made contact & rubbed on each other.

Personally I found that a relatively quick & easy fix for me was to squirt a bit of Mr Sheen on the dashboard joints, it seemed to lessen the kind of contact resistance, lubricate the joints & thus soften the noise.

Armor all dash spray worked too.

Good luck with going back to your dealer, as when I went back to my dealer regarding a problem with my brand new Kadjar I was left high & dry as the dealer refused point blank to even look at the car & told me to ....'Take it up with Renault UK.......as we don't make the cars'.

Hope you find a solution to your problem.

Mac    0

Thank you for replay. I did exactly the same thing with the joints but this is the only place I can’t fixit (locate the source of this noises) I don’t want to take my lovely Kadjar to the dealer because might get worse