• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Is your blind spot warning working
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Afternoon,

I have the Techno Pack which includes the blind spot warning system.  I have only seen this light up once which I thought a bit strange but presumed it only worked when I was indicating and about to pull in on someone which is hopefully never.  I do get a warning on the speedo panel every time I start up saying "Check Blind Spot Warning" which I thought was just a reminder.

I was going through the manual this morning for a quick refresh of all things Kadjar and it tells you when it should activate and I should definitely be seeing it a lot more.  However it does say if you see that warning on the dash it means there is a system malfunction and it needs to be taken to the dealer  :(

Hopefully mine's a one off but I thought I'd post here in case anyone else is experiencing it and needs to get it checked.  Now I need to work out how to test the Active Emergency Brake System  :unsure:

Just a quick follow up.  If your blind spot warning lights don't light up like a Christmas tree when on a motorway or dual carriageway then they aren't working correctly.  Finally took mine in yesterday and it turned out the connections hadn't been made.  Drive back around the M25 saw lots of instances of it working.

There was a suggestion that I may have hit the mirrors which firstly I hadn't and secondly, unless I hit them both, it was a slightly ludicrous suggestion.  Bottom line is, IMHO, it hadn't been set up correctly in the factory. 

You only have this if you have the techno pack?

Yes this is a feature of the Techno Pack.  Good point to highlight before I send thousands of non Techno Pack owners running to their dealer!  

On 05/03/2016 at 5:42 PM, MikeFromLFE said:

My blind spot warning does work, but I find it unreliable in heavy spray - it flags up non-existent warnings. Anyone else get this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here, not a big deal though, makes me drive more carefully in the rain :)