• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Can I turn off tyre pressure monitoring?
4 4

59 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RTFishall said:

I just repeat.... Audible warnings would be far more useful.  (eg. tyre pressure, oil and engine temp.  Still, I conceded to your clearly superior knowledge.  ;)

Agreed audible warnings would be useful ,maybe louder ones as the age related deafness increases :) . One thought on that though is :-  how many cars have you owned with audible warnings for oil, temperature etc ? . 

Anything that promotes a safer driving experience is fine by me . I do not possess a superior knowledge than most it's just my practical experience of driving since the 70s and maybe a little wisdom of advancing years......though my wife wouldn't agree with that :D

26 minutes ago, ulfire said:

Agreed audible warnings would be useful ,maybe louder ones as the age related deafness increases :) . One thought on that though is :-  how many cars have you owned with audible warnings for oil, temperature etc ? . 

Anything that promotes a safer driving experience is fine by me . I do not possess a superior knowledge than most it's just my practical experience of driving since the 70s and maybe a little wisdom of advancing years......though my wife wouldn't agree with that :D

I've been driving since 1963 (married 1968) and one thing I've learned over the years is that the best audible warning system in all the cars I've ever had is the WIFE! :lol:

However, if I could roll back all the years I'd swap all this modern tech crap for a car with front bench seats and a colume gear change. ;)

15 hours ago, turboted10 said:

If that were the case I'd restart this thread and say " how do you turn off those bloody annoying beeps that don't give me a clue what they are for, I'd sooner read the symbols/message":rolleyes:;)

Perhaps then the answer is to buy a 1951 Hillman Minx or a younger 1970's Ford Zephyr? However, one would then have no iPhone blue tooth connection and you would actually need to look at a paper map to work out where you were going.

:rolleyes:;)

Maybe only getting 30mpg and 0-60mph in 60 seconds might just be a price worth paying.:lol:

2 hours ago, turboted10 said:

You're not wrong in that. I'm sure there is still an east european option that has no fancy electronics and is available in the Uk, ok not a Hillman but the closest you will get.

Think back, that Hillman or any other brand would likely have been a perforated rust bucket at 12 years old and destined for the scrappy. Today most cars if not crashed end up as scrap as an ecu or diesel injection pump has failed and the car isn't worth the £1200 or so for it's replacement. Yes, in some respects we have gone backwards but in general I know which situation I prefer.

I guess then we have just exchanged rusting bodywork for another form of obsolescence.  Still the bench seat and colume gear shift was very useful when I was 18 years old in 1964!   ;)