Electric Drivers Seat Adjustments
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm not really sure if there's a problem with my car, or me.......

I'm 5'6", and when I test drove the Dynamique at the garage (with the manual seat adjuster) I found it very comfortable, I was high up, but not so high that I could feel the sun visor, and I was a nice distance from the clutch with it fully depressed, my leg was still slightly bent and it was comfortable.

Yesterday I picked up my new Signature S nav with the electric seats, now i'm finding that even with it all the way forwards (which actually seems to be both UP and forwards) my leg is at full stretch when I depress the clutch, and if I lean forwards I'm hitting the sun visor.

I'm going to look like a right plum if I have to take it back to the dealer and say i'm too short ha!

Maybe I can get some wooden blocks at the hardware shop.

Has anyone else out there noticed anything like that, google doesn't throw up much about the distance it "should" move, only how to move it.

Thx

C

1 hour ago, Auntsally said:

Hi

I'm not really sure if there's a problem with my car, or me.......

I'm 5'6", and when I test drove the Dynamique at the garage (with the manual seat adjuster) I found it very comfortable, I was high up, but not so high that I could feel the sun visor, and I was a nice distance from the clutch with it fully depressed, my leg was still slightly bent and it was comfortable.

Yesterday I picked up my new Signature S nav with the electric seats, now i'm finding that even with it all the way forwards (which actually seems to be both UP and forwards) my leg is at full stretch when I depress the clutch, and if I lean forwards I'm hitting the sun visor.

I'm going to look like a right plum if I have to take it back to the dealer and say i'm too short ha!

Maybe I can get some wooden blocks at the hardware shop.

Has anyone else out there noticed anything like that, google doesn't throw up much about the distance it "should" move, only how to move it.

Thx

C

wrong image  sorry, for some reason it gave me locking as well  

w960_1631-27.png.942b501a403003db978a1032fee76717.png

w960_1631-20.png

Hi. I am 6'2" and I choose the Kadjar over Quashqai because it had so very much more legroom. I tested it in a car with manual seats. Then ordered a version with electric driver's seat. The legroom is still ok, but not as good as in the car I test drove. So I can confirm, that there definitely is a difference in the adjustment possibilities between the manual and the electric seat. Actually, I can see no reason at all to prefer the electric seat, since it takes longer time to adjust and has less flexibility.

19 hours ago, Karl said:

Hi. I am 6'2" and I choose the Kadjar over Quashqai because it had so very much more legroom. I tested it in a car with manual seats. Then ordered a version with electric driver's seat. The legroom is still ok, but not as good as in the car I test drove. So I can confirm, that there definitely is a difference in the adjustment possibilities between the manual and the electric seat. Actually, I can see no reason at all to prefer the electric seat, since it takes longer time to adjust and has less flexibility.

Which is exactly the opposite to what Auntsally is saying?, strange. I'm 6'3" with long legs, and have the seat all the way down and all the way back, only made suitable by the angle of the seat back. It's a manual adj.

8 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Which is exactly the opposite to what Auntsally is saying?, strange. I'm 6'3" with long legs, and have the seat all the way down and all the way back, only made suitable by the angle of the seat back. It's a manual adj.

The opposite, but then again not ;-)  The point I tried to make, was that I also found the adjustment positions in the electric seat different from the manual one. 

13 hours ago, Karl said:

The opposite, but then again not ;-)  The point I tried to make, was that I also found the adjustment positions in the electric seat different from the manual one. 

A case of "the same but different", :D.  I didn't try a version with electric seats, didn't get the option, but then again there is rarely anyone but me drives the car so adjustment elecs would be largely unused.