• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

red "STOP" light flashes just after starting to drive?
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Tried searching but couldn't spot anything

infrequently, shortly after starting to drive (<5 minutes) the car will "beep", the lights on the dash will flash (normally only the red "STOP" light but sometimes more) for a split second and the message screen will say "Start/Stop Activated" (Even though it was already active as I haven't deactivated it by that point)

Anyone experienced similar?  It doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on car when it happens and it only happens the once (and not every journey so hard to take it to the dealer)

thanks

Gary

4 minutes ago, ulfire said:

It could be a battery problem . Does the problem disappear when the engine is warm and the alternator has done it's job ?

I had a similar issue with mine when cold and wet and the AC was on full but it didn't cause a problem 

Interesting, not thought about that

It only ever happens the once per journey (and not every journey), pings up for a split second (barely enough to notice) and then goes

It shouldn't be a problem then the Stop/Start system relies on the battery amongst other things . As I said mine used to flash up when it was raining heavily and the car was cold . With the Kadjar's function as a condensation magnet the AC and demist was always on at full blast . Never had it happen with the AC off if memory serves me . 

5 minutes ago, ulfire said:

With the Kadjar's function as a condensation magnet the AC and demist was always on at full blast . Never had it happen with the AC off if memory serves me . 

That is true, never known a car like it for condensation

I will try and keep a note of what other things are running when it is happening and see if there is additional load on the battery

thanks for your help

9 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Could also be a bad connection to start/stop switch or even to ECU. Most issues I've had with other cars have been multi pins cons to ecu needing reinserting.

Dealer will check battery level under load and all functions to see if there's a spike due to bad connections etc, so likely not a wasted journey.

Thanks, it will be due a service soon so if it has not got worse by then I will get them to check it out