Keyless car theft
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Hi. It looks as though this car was stolen to order. With all the problems we have with the Kadjar r-link I think we are completely safe.😂. If you are concerned put your keyless fob in a metal tin apparently the device they are using cannot pick up the signal through metal. (yet)😱

10 hours ago, chookgate said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-42132804/relay-crime-theft-caught-on-camera

Anyone seen this?  Okay, in the story it was a Mercedes, but should we be worried?

If you "Deadlock" a Kadjar [e.g using 2 x rapid presses of the lock button on the Key-Card] then hands-free-unlocking is deactivated [section 1.12 of handbook] Deadlocking will prevent the car being stolen this way and also prevent someone opening a door using the handle inside after breaking a window.

13 hours ago, Webbie2608 said:

Do they do a bigger version for when out "shopping"?..........:ph34r: ;)

As JB, I'd seen something like this before and always deadlock the car, one of the benefits of not having walk away locking fitted.

From what i can gather there's another kind of theft (that involves theft from parked cars) that takes place, whereas when you walk away from your car, a criminal/car thief holds a kind of radio "interceptor" that intercepts & blocks your key details so that when you walk away from your car & it goes ..."Peep Peep" so you may think that it has locked but the tea leaf scumbag waiting nearby has blocked it's details meaning that they can at least open your car & steal it's contents after you have gone.

Personally I'm always careful wherever I leave any car & sometimes I'll just go back to it within a couple of minutes to see if it's got any (unwelcome) attention.....& if in any doubt ...I'll just get the hell out of there.

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

From what i can gather there's another kind of theft (that involves theft from parked cars) that takes place, whereas when you walk away from your car, a criminal/car thief holds a kind of radio "interceptor" that intercepts & blocks your key details so that when you walk away from your car & it goes ..."Peep Peep" so you may think that it has locked but the tea leaf scumbag waiting nearby has blocked it's details meaning that they can at least open your car & steal it's contents after you have gone.

Personally I'm always careful wherever I leave any car & sometimes I'll just go back to it within a couple of minutes to see if it's got any (unwelcome) attention.....& if in any doubt ...I'll just get the hell out of there.

I have this nervous twitch, I get out the car, casually look around trying not to be obvious then walk away from the car surveying everyone in my peripheral. Once round the corner I double back and sneak a view around the corner.  Well all apart from the last bit,;)

I think the deadlock thing would take care of your scanner scammer.

9 hours ago, turboted10 said:

I have this nervous twitch, I get out the car, casually look around trying not to be obvious then walk away from the car surveying everyone in my peripheral. Once round the corner I double back and sneak a view around the corner.  Well all apart from the last bit,;)

I think the deadlock thing would take care of your scanner scammer.

Paranoia rules Ted :P

On 29/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, BobLyn said:

If any Kadjar was stolen using this new technology then surely the car would resurface quite quickly at the dealership having an r-link software update downloaded and installed.😂😂😂

so that's why Renault Renault made such a pigs arse of it, it's a security device or rather a theft deterrent if they've read this forum, devil emoticon

The simple solution rarely mentioned by the media is to turn off keyless walk-away locking and use the key fob manually as you walk away, also checking to see the mirrors auto-fold if you have that option. I did that within a week or two of getting it and will never use walkaway locking again.

It soon becomes an ingrained habit so I've never forgotten to lock it, and if I leave a kid in the car it's easy to just do the long presss to disable the movement sensor as you say 'don't open the door or you'll set off the alarm!' :lol: