• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Keyless car theft
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi. It looks as though this car was stolen to order. With all the problems we have with the Kadjar r-link I think we are completely safe.😂. If you are concerned put your keyless fob in a metal tin apparently the device they are using cannot pick up the signal through metal. (yet)😱

10 hours ago, chookgate said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-42132804/relay-crime-theft-caught-on-camera

Anyone seen this?  Okay, in the story it was a Mercedes, but should we be worried?

If you "Deadlock" a Kadjar [e.g using 2 x rapid presses of the lock button on the Key-Card] then hands-free-unlocking is deactivated [section 1.12 of handbook] Deadlocking will prevent the car being stolen this way and also prevent someone opening a door using the handle inside after breaking a window.

9 hours ago, turboted10 said:

I have this nervous twitch, I get out the car, casually look around trying not to be obvious then walk away from the car surveying everyone in my peripheral. Once round the corner I double back and sneak a view around the corner.  Well all apart from the last bit,;)

I think the deadlock thing would take care of your scanner scammer.

Paranoia rules Ted :P

The simple solution rarely mentioned by the media is to turn off keyless walk-away locking and use the key fob manually as you walk away, also checking to see the mirrors auto-fold if you have that option. I did that within a week or two of getting it and will never use walkaway locking again.

It soon becomes an ingrained habit so I've never forgotten to lock it, and if I leave a kid in the car it's easy to just do the long presss to disable the movement sensor as you say 'don't open the door or you'll set off the alarm!' :lol: