• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Hi From HK
2 2

13 posts in this topic

HI Everybody,

I'm from Hong Kong and considering to buy a new Kadjar.

We don't have similar forum providing detail discussions about Kadjar here, thus I join this forum to get some detail information and comments. 

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

To be fair there's much more good than bad. The idea of a forum though is to expose these bad points to create awareness, hence the imbalance in comment.

Most posts are typically "love my new Kadjar, but..........".    Anyone ever bought the perfect car????

Me :)

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

According to the "New Car Senior Sales Executive" at the Renault main dealer where I got my lemon.....

'Oh people only go on forums to complain'

Incidentally, my Kadjar went back on Tuesday.

The senior sales executive is obviously having a senior moment because that statement is just not true . The forum I'm on for my present car has had hardly any complainers in the year I've been a member . Some have had faults all of of which have been remedied by their dealers promptly . 

This is in stark contrast to my first year on this forum where complaints were many and varied , some of which were non issues to me personally . It didn't help that there seemed to be a few trolls on the forum which doesn't seem to be the case now  .

I think before Renault should look at themselves before casting a stone at forums 

Almost the same brand baldyman , it's a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid . May not suit everyone if you're looking  for the SUV styling . So if you want a car for towing caravans etc. , roof rack piled up with luggage it's not really for you . Luggage space is only slightly less than the Kadjar , the standard specs are excellent even on the base model e.g reversing camera standard on all trims and it all works as described .

The only downside is the SatNav is that , like the Kadjar ,the maps are always a bit out of date . But map updates are free , not £99 a year , and anyway it has Android Auto /Carplay so I use that for up to date navigation .

The only thing I've missed slightly  from the Kadjar is the Auto Dip/Full Beam feature 

I've got a Marina Blue one baldyman . It's got lane departure warning which will even nudge the steering automatically if I drift . Like you ,I switch it off  .  My Kadjar did have auto locking on driving , maybe there was a fault on yours ? It's got loads of other driving aids which I don't really use . All I'm interested in is relaxing , comfortable motoring . It wins on all counts especially on economy returning about 69 mpg though dropping a little in the cold weather . I don't really miss the higher ride at all my all around view is better than the Kadjar .Not missing the Kadjar at all and definitely not missing Renault :)

Hi Not sure why you got a kj  if so many things you don't like and bye the way auto door lock is on kj but it can be turned on or off in r link 🤔 as many other features are 🤔🤔  Anyway hope you enjoy your Kia ''tis a good motor  🤔but not as good as our 4x4 RED KADJAR 😀

JC.  😎

Well, guys, I don't get it? All the things you didn't like or miss were the key reason for me to like the car. Did you like it just for the external look, because without all these extras it's like any other car?

By the way - all dealerships suck. No exclusion.

@turboted10 I didn't say I've had no issues , I've had one minor issue and one non issue . The minor issue was a sticky brake return spring . I booked it into the dealership and part replaced . The non issue was when I booked it in for the brake spring I was told the media unit needed replacing due to an issue they'd identified , BlueTooth related  with a few units . In the three months of ownership I'd had no problem with the media unit , but they replaced it anyway . Can you see Renault doing the same with The R Link 2 ?

@AOne There was nothing I disliked about the Kadjar , not even the glitchy R Link . I changed to a different car because I was about to be made redundant and diesel wouldn't suit the new driving habits i.e. short journeys . I think you'll find in my posts that I actually loved my Kadjar and felt a little said trading it in  .My experience of Renault support was  factored into my decision as to which marque I would choose  :) 

baldyman apparently had a badly assembled car allied with a bad dealer experience which , I assume , is why he changed marques