Kadjar 66 plate 1.5 dynamique diesel
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Looking for help. Purchased kadjar 2 weeks ago. 3 days after while car had not been used for 1 day, the battery was flat. Recharged and good to go. 2 days later when i went to start car, waring sign, battery low start car immediatley. Gargage checked battery and tested as fine. Garage placed brand new battey in car. Took home. 2 days later same warning sign. As if something is draining battery. Garage have now had it again for 4 days. Hooked up to computers, charged, left lying etc and cant find an issue. Anyone any ideas. Thanks in advance. Attached photo of warning

20171116_055503.jpg

could this be the batch of batteries that just die. i thought i had one and it turned out to be a wire loose on the alternator.

there are post about it on the site people who just find a new car with the battery gone. The RAC man new all about them when he came to me 

21 minutes ago, titus110 said:

Nothing like that. Had only done 2800 miles when i got it. Struggling for ideas here. 

Low mileage for a 66 plate ? Could it be the last owner had problems and got shot of it ? I had a similar problem with a Scenic with 7000 on the clock and that was the battery  . You say that's been changed so I suppose that's ruled out . Once the car's locked all the electric supplies are shut down apart from the alarm . There have been some problems with the alarms though not draining batteries to my knowledge .

In the event of the garage being unable to get to the bottom of the problem it may be best to reject it :)

1 hour ago, shedder101 said:

could this be the batch of batteries that just die. i thought i had one and it turned out to be a wire loose on the alternator.

there are post about it on the site people who just find a new car with the battery gone. The RAC man new all about them when he came to me 

Any idea where the post is? I will memtion tomorrow about loose wire on the alternator and see what he says. Thanks again

39 minutes ago, ulfire said:

Low mileage for a 66 plate ? Could it be the last owner had problems and got shot of it ? I had a similar problem with a Scenic with 7000 on the clock and that was the battery  . You say that's been changed so I suppose that's ruled out . Once the car's locked all the electric supplies are shut down apart from the alarm . There have been some problems with the alarms though not draining batteries to my knowledge .

In the event of the garage being unable to get to the bottom of the problem it may be best to reject it :)

I will see what happens tommrow  apparently thet dont get the error. Just me. Typical isnt it.

9 hours ago, titus110 said:

I will see what happens tommrow  apparently thet dont get the error. Just me. Typical isnt it.

Yep , it's sod's law :) . Best make sure that your visits are logged to have confirmation that you've reported the issue from almost new . I don't know if the picture from your display will be enough evidence . 

Good luck anyway 

Renault and Nissan, same battery, have been plagued with sudden fails of stop/start  batteries. My qashqai had the same in 2014. However if the garage have changed the battery it sort of rules that out. Logic dictates something is discharging it so it needs a drain/load test to see whats happening.

Don't let it drag on, nothing spoils the enjoyment of a new car like a persistent fault, as above if they can't sort it dig your heals in for a return.

I know this is a little "off topic" but switching off the stop/start function every time is just another good reason for less battery stress and drain (along with less wear on the starter motor!)