automatic no lights
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hi and welcome.  Apparently there are lights on the auto selector  but they are very very dim. So dim infact you cannot see them. I was told this by the technical support at my dealership. Its the Same as the stalks on the steering wheel, you cannot see the info on there like lights wipers etc. This just adds to a number of things that Renault have got wrong. Shame really as the car is a lovely drive. Enjoy and welcome once again.☺

No lights, however to the left of the speedo read out you will have an illuminated display there.

D is the last one down so not really that hard to figure out by the feel of moving the shifter; PRND.

42 minutes ago, AOne said:

Sorry, but I find it ridiculous to look at the levers to switch them. Never needed to do it o_O

Exactly, it's hardly hard to work out, every auto is PRND, and anyway, it is clearly displayed next to the speedo.

I wonder how many people look at the gear lever on their manual when changing gear, I don't think I've ever seen an illuminated manual gear knob and I don't recall hearing anyone moaning about that lack of function either.

Hi guys. Its not a case of moaning but why have some instruments luminated if the light is so dim that you cannot even see it, might as well leave it out altogether. After all you would not install a garden light if it did not even light up the walk way.😉cheers guys.

In my opinion illuminating the gear selections near the shift would have added to the ambiance and practicality. I'm disappointed it's just dark  ... illuminating them seems standard on other auto's. 

On 11/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, BobLyn said:

Hi guys. Its not a case of moaning but why have some instruments luminated if the light is so dim that you cannot even see it, might as well leave it out altogether. After all you would not install a garden light if it did not even light up the walk way.😉cheers guys.

They aren't illuminated at all, even dimly.

On 17/11/2017 at 5:47 PM, HTP99 said:

I wonder how many people look at the gear lever on their manual when changing gear, I don't think I've ever seen an illuminated manual gear knob and I don't recall hearing anyone moaning about that lack of function either.

I do! For about 2 minutes when I first take delivery of a new car and it's stationary. :lol:

Otherwise, never - in nearly 50 years of driving.