• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Renualt telling lies???
2 2

8 posts in this topic

The saga of the MAP updates continues. I was told by Renault  that I would get the latest Maps for free at the same time the Firmware was installed. Well of course this did not happen. Spoke to Connected services today and despite confirming in writing that this would be the case its turns out the information was wrong!

Long storey short - to get what I should of got i.e at least 2 map updates in the 1st year I need to make a complaint to customer services and ask for a years subscription free of charge as compensation - Now here the bit I'm worried about the lady in Renault complaints department has never had or heard of any problems what so ever with the Rlink system! this was also true of my main dealer!

Someone is lying! is it Renault trying to keep the problems under wraps so they can hide from there responsibilities or most members of this forum ???

I await the conclusion of my complaint - I 'm told she will call be back on Thursday! - I'll let you all know of the outcome! 

Oh yes she also said you only get free map updates for the 1st 90 days - I soon put her right on that!!!

23 hours ago, ianhove said:

the lady in Renault complaints department has never had or heard of any problems what so ever with the Rlink system! this was also true of my main dealer!

:D In all countries we get the same answer: "What???? You are not satisfied with our excellent R Link 2 ???? You are the first one!!!".... then a long pause so I have to feel like I have some psychological problems. "We have thousands and thousands of very happy customers." For a second I was sure he will call me a sociopath. 

And related with ianhove post: I got the same answer "you will get a free update after the new firmware." After that I understood it will be a "free map update" only in case of I will pay another one year subscription. I am confused! 

** UPDATE **

Got called back today by Renault Customer Services to say they will do me a massive favour and reimburse me for one years map update and only because I'm a first time Renault owner and I use my car for work! Not a mention about the issues with rlink!  

4 hours ago, ianhove said:

** UPDATE **

Got called back today by Renault Customer Services to say they will do me a massive favour and reimburse me for one years map update and only because I'm a first time Renault owner and I use my car for work! Not a mention about the issues with rlink!  

:D Just for fun I will ask Renault to reimburse me too.

In my country a few weeks ago was a scandal about the quality of imported products.  Some important brands have lower quality in my country compared with the same sold in western countries.

Renault is doing the same thing: they fave DAB radio only on Kadjar Bose models. On the other models we have the useless AM band. This is just an example. I am thinking in sending a formal complain to the Committee on internal market and consumer protection.

On 17/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, Buder said:

:D Just for fun I will ask Renault to reimburse me too.

Cheque from Renault received and banked! Also my maps updated in no time at all without any issues - Now just await my 2nd map up dated for the year lets hope they do what the are meant to do and should have done !