• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Lag when reversing (Dave Brass)
5 5

14 posts in this topic

Has anybody else noticed a lag when using reverse gear in a Kadjar Auto, especially when reversing uphill, has a distinct delay? I try to reverse and nothing seems to happen and then it engages and lurches up the hill. Is it a common issue or should I get it checked out ?

I drove the manual Kadjar so I've no experience of the automatics behaviour . Though I am driving an DCT car at the moment which generally behaves as I said earlier i.e. hold for a split second and then reverse smoothly ....unless I'm too heavy footed :)

BM1    0

Hi, can I ask if there is any update on this issue please? We own an auto (67 reg) and have a very similar problem - it would be helpful to know before we contact the dealership. Thanks in advance.

Hi .

I have just posted the same problem. It is quite alarming when reversing uphill. The car rolls forward maybe 2 or 3 feet before the clutch engages and the car reverses. It appears that the auto brake seems to be releasing too early before the clutch has engaged. I have got round the problem to a certain extent by holding the auto brake on until the clutch engages , but this is far from satisfactory.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, Dave Brass said:

Has anybody else noticed a lag when using reverse gear in a Kadjar Auto, especially when reversing uphill, has a distinct delay? I try to reverse and nothing seems to happen and then it engages and lurches up the hill. Is it a common issue or should I get it checked out ?

I have the same problem. Just been talking to RUK and they don't recognise it as a fault and basically said,  tough. Very disappointed with the car after spending over 20 thousand pounds on it 6 months ago 

Just to keep it brief and simple; I have the 1.5 auto and have no issues at all with reversing uphill. Starts to pull as soon as I take my foot off the brake. 

23 hours ago, Telboy said:

I have the same problem. Just been talking to RUK and they don't recognise it as a fault and basically said,  tough. Very disappointed with the car after spending over 20 thousand pounds on it 6 months ago 

Find a dealership on or near a hill, drive slowly down the slope and park when the nose is a foot from some solid obstacle then ask the dealer to reverse back up the slope. That should get a reaction - and maybe even some actual action other than a dented front bumper!

The dealership has recognised there is a fault. Renault are denying any problem. I am arguing that I bought the car as an auto not as a semi automatic which it is. A manual gearbox with an automatic clutch. 

The Auto? I have is not an auto but a semi automatic which in effect is a manual gearbox with an automatic clutch. ( an entirely different beast which I was not aware of when I bought the car ). Fully auto gearboxes do not have this problem. If I am facing downhill and select reverse on pressing the accelerator the auto brake immediately releases before the clutch engages. ( in effect putting it in neutral) at which point the car rolls downhill until enough revs are applied at which point the clutch engages and the car lurches backwards. If I then take my foot off the accelerator the car rolls forward again. The same appies when using the footbrake ( hill hold). My argument with Renault UK is that the car was advertised as an auto gearbox and because I live in a particularly hilly area it is not fit for purpose.