• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Time to say good bye to my Kadjar
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Well I finally decide to say good by after 20 months of ownership.The car has been very reliable and even more economical (Sig nav 1.5 DCi)

Well what did I think?

Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I found it uncomfortable and hard work at times 

Blindspot on A post caught me out and contributed to me having an accident

What finally did it was the R Link system absolute disaster and nothing like it should have been.

with a little over 70k up on it it's time to part ways wasn't the best experience I have owned Renault's since 1987 and this was my 13th  Maybe theirs something in that !!

3 hours ago, Simon Kadjar said:

Just to add I have gone for 2017 Megane IV Tourer GT 1.6 DCI

Anyone want mats,Mudflaps,Boot mat and a brand new renault mirror folding installation kit

why not drop them in the classified section 

:) I tried to sell my 2016 Kadjar, too.

I got ALWAYS two questions: it has walkaway lock and R Link 2 with firmware 3.x?

My answer was no and the price offered was ridiculous low (the same price with a Dacia Duster with the same mileage.)

I paid a little over 32K euro and got 22.4k in px

I had a GT line Megane tourer prior to the Kadjar I have no issue with the Renault brand but in my opinion the Kadjar doesnt make the grade

So looking forward to the new ride. I will be staying on the forum watching with interest.

On 10/30/2017 at 1:27 PM, ulfire said:

Yep , I think the depreciation stated for the Kadjar was vastly overestimated , as I found when I sold mine . But the same value as a Dacia Duster ?  WTF !!!!!!

No, I am not kidding. OK, the site is in Romanian but you can see the price:

https://www.autovit.ro/anunt/renault-kadjar-ID7Gnaw6.html#738fa28e18

http://www.vitan-auto.ro/anunturi/39483/autoturisme/dacia-duster.html

Don't forget that in UK, Kadjar's price is higher than in other countries. Off course I am not comparing the Top Kadjar with the entry level Duster. I guess I compare a entry level Kadjar with a middle level Duster. But the price is close (after 100,000 km.)

And the fact that the 2016 Kadjar is considered outdated and replaced by the newer 2017 version didn't help me at all.

The lowest part exchange offer I had for my Dynamic S 1.5Dci  with 9000 miles on the clock was £12000 . Needless to say I didn't accept that offer . I had a much better offer off the dealer I bought my present car from. Bearing in mind I bought an ex demo with only 320 miles on the clock and £2500 off the purchase price , it didn't work out too bad . Still got less than I would have liked though ;) . 

Not so many wasted days (0)  at the dealership in the first year as Renault ( 5) , much better fuel economy , cheaper tyres . So I'm making the loss up every day

@Buder... what is your milage? I lost 10k€ in 2 years (paid 29k for Bose 4WD with all options except leather seats, retractable towbar, sunblocks on all rear windows, rubber&textile mats, front mud flaps). Acording to our portal (simmilar to yours) mine is worth arround 19-20k with 43k km on clock. Still under general warranty and with extended 5-years warranty/My revision maintanence plan.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:00 PM, Simon Kadjar said:

Just to add I have gone for 2017 Megane IV Tourer GT 1.6 DCI

Anyone want mats,Mudflaps,Boot mat and a brand new renault mirror folding installation kit

How much for mirror folding kit?

8 hours ago, robertp said:

@Buder... what is your milage? 

A little over 100,000 km. When I bought the Kadjar the cheapest one was around 16,000 E, a middle one 18,000 (with upgrades about 20,000 - I chose this one) and the top  around 29,000 E  (with upgrades)

I saw that in the moment when Renault launched the Kadjar with walk away lock and Android Auto I lost 3 or 4,000 E because the 2016 model was considered outdated. 

Interesting... it see,s that here is not such a dealbreaker walkaway locking or android auto... the entry model is still 19.900€ (life 130 TCe) and the highest Bose/Iconic 4 WD ( just over 30k). Safety pack (Techno premuim package) is for those two trims only 1€.

165 TCe is same as dCi 130 in Iconic, also available is 130 dCi with CVT (almost same price as 4WD).

I never had walkaway locking or auto fold mirrors so this is not an issue for me. Lack of map updates is...