• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

You own the Kadjar, What will be your next car?
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Hi Peeps,

looking over the posts we all have niggles of one thing or the other. Mine is the re-map at the service they didn't do, but did, others have the same or similar.

Now this topic is NOT FOR moaning about what wrong with the Kadjar its for the question 

If you were able to change the Kadjar tomorrow , what car would you choose. ?

now a lot like me lease the car from Motability, a fine company, so no moans about them, I have 2 years left some more some less, others that purchased it out right and see the depreciation they are getting on the new car, people who have changed the Kadjar mid contract or because they hatted it.

it will nice to see over time what cars make the list and the changes to them over time from petrol, diesel, hybrid or full electric  who knows, also this might help others decide on there next vehicle. 

Shedder101

1 hour ago, shedder101 said:

Hi Peeps,

looking over the posts we all have niggles of one thing or the other. Mine is the re-map at the service they didn't do, but did, others have the same or similar.

Now this topic is NOT FOR moaning about what wrong with the Kadjar its for the question 

now a lot like me lease the car from Motability, a fine company, so no moans about them, I have 2 years left some more some less, others that purchased it out right and see the depreciation they are getting on the new car, people who have changed the Kadjar mid contract or because they hatted it.

it will nice to see over time what cars make the list and the changes to them over time from petrol, diesel, hybrid or full electric  who knows, also this might help others decide on there next vehicle. 

Shedder101

Part 1

That’s easy, we only bought our Kadjar on 1st September – Kadjar again!

Because of the cheating they did, we didn’t consider VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda - a company that cheats should be punished – and that hasn’t happened in the UK yet.

Because our car is kept on the street, we didn’t consider any “Prestige” brands, Jaguar, BMW etc.

Because we buy a new car outright, we wanted a main dealer, and in our town that means: Citroen, Ford, Hyundai, Peugeot, Renault, Vauxhall. IF we wanted Honda, Suzuki etc we would have to travel ~35 miles for servicing, minor problems etc

Because we only do ~5,000 miles a year, diesel wasn’t a good option. We’ve had them and needed a couple of particle-filter regenerations each year. Also: they are slow to heat-up in winter, and most new ones need Adblue adding on a regular basis.

Our last car, a diesel, did 0-62 in 11 seconds; bearing in mind the relative lack of torque of petrol engines, we wanted the new petrol car which accelerated faster than that. Turbo engines attracted us most because they produce their torque at lower revs.

We also wanted a relatively high-riding vehicle; easier to get in & out & to fasten the grandchildren into their seats.

Our shortlist was: Honda HRV, New Peugeot 3008, Renault Kadjar.

1 hour ago, shedder101 said:

Hi Peeps,

Shedder101

Part 2

Our shortlist was: Honda HRV, New Peugeot 3008, Renault Kadjar. We discounted the Ford Kuga – too big and the C-Max (petrol) – too slow and the depreciation was huge. The Honda was maybe slightly too small, had a non-turbo engine, a heating-system that worked via touch-screen only, and you had to get the highest-trim-level to have darkened rear-windows. The Peugeot had the least headroom inside, was the least attractive [in our opinion], had a tiny steering-wheel, was expensive for even low-trim-levels, was the slowest to 62 mph, and being a new-model was likely to have most problems emerge. It also had a strange warranty: 2 years from Peugeot, a third year from the dealer? The Kadkar had a 4 year warranty [Nissan only offer 3 years] good acceleration, large wheels [have driven through floods out of necessity some times, the higher the better!] and the spec we could afford had a reversing-camera option – never had one before but it’s very helpful. It’s an art setting-off with the tiny engine on a slope; maybe next time we’ll get the auto version? If we have huge problems [we had a Scenic in the past: electrical problems] we’ll do a rethink, and maybe go for the Honda. On the other hand, with old-age approaching, this may be the last car I’ll ever buy…

15 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Have you looked at the Toyota ***, the initials escape me. It's styled like a stealth bomber although smaller than the Kadjar. May look next time if a hybrid is available. I grounded my Kadjar last week, big wheels don't give greater ground clearance. less in fact. The qashqai was better in this respect.

Please don't get the idea that Renault didn't cheat, they did, they just didn't get exposed as VW etc (allegedly of course)

Could be good for some, but as the nearest Toyota dealer is over 50 miles away from us, we won't be looking there. I'm expecting more hybrids from lots of manufacturers too. I notice there's some low-hanging bits on the Kadjar, but for getting-through minor flooding it's OK for us, we won't be going off-road. I like that Kadjars are made in Spain and help a fragile economy, would prefer a Nissan & helping the UK economy - if they offered a longer warranty. If Renault were guilty of Fixing, pity they didn't get caught - in general VW cars are now cleaner than Renault in real-life testing, cos they HAVE to be [see: https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/pollution-and-air-quality/cleaning-londons-vehicles/newer-vehicle-checker]

I wouldn't be thinking of changing my car tomorrow as I've only owned it six months. I am one of the 'still happy brigade', the small niggles with RLink2 I can live with and it drives beautifully. Still love it in fact. When I decide to change in about 18 months to 2 years, like Ted, I'm hoping that an updated version of the Kadjar is on the market, maybe a petrol hybrid. If not then a hybrid Skoda Kodiaq or an Infiniti Q30. We can all dream I suppose, who knows what'll happen in the future. I like the look of the Lexus NX hybrid too, I'll just go lie down . . .

11 minutes ago, abedegno said:

New Peugeot 3008

We considered that; don't you worry about the just-new-out-there's-got-to-be-problems theory? The Vauxhall Grandland is a more conservative version of the same motor, but even newer

29 minutes ago, PatWar said:

I wouldn't be thinking of changing my car tomorrow as I've only owned it six months. I am one of the 'still happy brigade', the small niggles with RLink2 I can live with and it drives beautifully. Still love it in fact. When I decide to change in about 18 months to 2 years, like Ted, I'm hoping that an updated version of the Kadjar is on the market, maybe a petrol hybrid. If not then a hybrid Skoda Kodiaq or an Infiniti Q30. We can all dream I suppose, who knows what'll happen in the future. I like the look of the Lexus NX hybrid too, I'll just go lie down . . .

Good discussion Shedder started, we never thought of any of those! The Kodiaq is bigger than the Zafira Tourer we traded in, so we wouldn't have gone with that [we wanted to downsize] The Lexus is too posh to leave parked-on-the-street, so that would have been rejected. The Infinity isn't very tall? Hope there's lots more suggestions so we can make a more-informed-decision in a couple of years!

14 minutes ago, shedder101 said:

i have been thinking today and if it was today i changed it would be to this 

Image result 

There's a Suzuki dealer 35 miles away which we called-in just cos we were passing. Had a sit in the Vitara, which seemed nice, but a bit squashed in the back if you want to fit kiddie-seats? [Squashed compared to the Zafira-Tourer we had at the time] We told the salesman it seemed a bit small for us; he never pointed-out they do an SX4 S-Cross which is a bit bigger! Have since seen one, the front-end isn't to everyone's taste...

18 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Have you looked at the Toyota ***, the initials escape me. It's styled like a stealth bomber although smaller than the Kadjar. May look next time if a hybrid is available. I grounded my Kadjar last week, big wheels don't give greater ground clearance. less in fact. The qashqai was better in this respect.

Please don't get the idea that Renault didn't cheat, they did, they just didn't get exposed as VW etc (allegedly of course)

I think you mean the Toyota CH-R , Ted . I pass one on the way to work each day and I think it's hideous . It is definitely smaller than the Kadjar , smaller in fact than the Ioniq which has about 20 litres less than the Kadjar ( 120 litres if you opt for the plug in or electric ) . 

Many manufacturers will be bringing out all sorts of electric , hybrid and fuel cell vehicles in the next few years so it's a case of watch this space . Potential buyers should weigh up all the options before diving in . For instance , if you want to buy a car for towing , don't buy an Ioniq and definitely not off roading  

Quite right there in the first instance Ted and I agree with your sentiment about the " wrinkles ironed out " . My only comment on that is that it would seem  some of the issues haven't been ironed out on the Kadjar after 2 years .  There have been a couple of small issues with the Ioniq ( not mine , it's been perfect ) which have been rectified swiftly . So maybe it's a question of which manufacturer you'd want to deal with :)