• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

What Oil?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Sorry for a really lame question but I have checked the manual and it is telling me to look in the maintenance document which I cannot find but what oil should I put in my 1.5dci?

I have a feeling it was 5w - 30 but I could be wrong. I  have some 10w 40 in the garage would it be ok to use this? 

Thanks

58 minutes ago, 1898 said:

The text on the oil bottle should (must) contain the following, it shows the correct low ash spec:

Renault RN0720

The Vehicle Maintenance Tab on the "My Renault" App [Android] gives details of fluids needed. Example: my 1.2L petrol Kadjar has 4.60 L of "RN 0710"  specified, 10W40 above minus 20, 5W40 above minus 25, 0W40 above minus 30 C. There's also the specs of Brake Fluid and Coolant.

On 04/11/2017 at 8:35 AM, turboted10 said:

It's such a simple sing that can have devastating results if the engine blows and Renault can show the oil spec is wrong. Stick with what they supplied until the warranty runs out at least. I went for this, given free postage it ain't bad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elf-Evolution-Full-Tech-FE-5W-30-Synthetic-Technology-Engine-Oil-5-Litre-/151562211630?hash=item2349cfd12e

yep its good stuff , ELF-EVOLUTION-FE 5W30,  I just order online good price to.