• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Screen black out when retrofit Video interface module for GPS/ DTV connected
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone,

I tried to penetrate to R Link system, precisely to head unit and display via video interface module. (CAN Rx)

This is piggy back module enabling external video source (such as other countries GPS map, DTV etc.) to be projected on the screen.

However when video interface module connected and boot the system then screen appears very shortly and fades away to black screen.

Is there anybody who tried alien device to piggy back to system?

Or is there any protection mode or safety mode when other system connected?

Please share your valuable experience to me.

Thank you in advance.

BR,

15 hours ago, Buder said:

What video interface module you used?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

This module is not on sale in the market yet.

Still Under development, module works fine however Vehicle screen reacts funny like as if it has some kind of protection mode when external bleach detected. :-(

4 hours ago, Paul Yun said:

Still Under development, module works fine however Vehicle screen reacts funny like as if it has some kind of protection mode when external bleach detected. :-(

In this case is hard to help you. I had a problem with a video module a few years ago on an VW. In that case it was a power problem. The current (i) was a little higher and after a few seconds the video module entered in a "protection mode" fading the image and after that just a black screen. After another 10 seconds it was cooled enough to start again normally. Then everything was repeating. In my case the problem was the difference between car's current (30 to 200 A) and the module protection.

Sorry I cannot be helpful.

Any news about this module ? You try to enable video in motion or add a extra camera ? I am very interesting about this subject . I'm trying to find the best solution for mounting a front camera ( 180 degrees ) but video interfaces are very expensive 300- 400 eu