• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R-link V2 firmware update from 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.18.590 "What to expect"
6 6

31 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, GMV said:

2.2.18.590 wil solved the problem.  Your dealer can make the update availeble and install it to your system. Sorry for my bad grammar. 

I think the problem is that Renault seem to be denying there's any such update . 

Hi guy's. My May 2017 Kadjar went into the main Renault dealership this morning with the ongoing r-link 2 faults. Just had a phone call from the renault technician who explained that the car required a software update, which was not available as the car has never been registered with the French data centre, so in theory does not exist for any future downloads. They have spoken to France technical and advised that I have software 2.2.17.803 boot 4992. France have advised that once the vehicle is registered with their data systems they will release the updated software for my vehicle. Time scale is two to three weeks. I think the garage technician is swimming across the channel with the information. 

Sorry just my sense of humour which I might add we all need with the r-link 2 system😱

17 hours ago, BobLyn said:

France have advised that once the vehicle is registered with their data systems they will release the updated software for my vehicle. Time scale is two to three weeks. I think the garage technician is swimming across the channel with the information. 

The "new" software looks like this: 

image.jpeg.83b427a6b260352fc1ba97626291664a.jpegand they have to wait to dry in the sun!

It beggars belief that a company  of Renault's standing can ignore the totally unacceptable situation regarding  lack of nav. updates for so long. It seems there have not been any for over one year.

I understand that the system was developed by TomTom so why is the service so different. My Start 25 gets updates every 3 months or so.

Also why is it that Renault do not seem to even monitor this topic in the forum, which will not enhance their customer relation image one bit.

I have had my Kadjar for 6 months now and it is quite pleasant to drive, but good satnav is vital so I will not be buying from Renault again. Will they even see or dare I suggest, respond to this post. Why don't Renault come clean with a clear statement as to what is being done and when?

21 hours ago, goodgoff said:

It beggars belief that a company  of Renault's standing can ignore the totally unacceptable situation regarding  lack of nav. updates for so long. It seems there have not been any for over one year.

I understand that the system was developed by TomTom so why is the service so different. My Start 25 gets updates every 3 months or so.

Also why is it that Renault do not seem to even monitor this topic in the forum, which will not enhance their customer relation image one bit.

Why you don't ask Renault?