• Announcements

    • shedder101

      WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

      i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R-link V2 firmware update from 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.18.590 "What to expect"
6 6

31 posts in this topic

I am posting this as there is confusing information coming out of Connected services as to the latest update. Some have been told it is not possible to update from 803 and some dealers are unaware of it's existence if you contact them directly. 59ba665ec0fa2_Photo13-09-2017144724.thumb.jpg.a808c0007121b19057bf886b6264c9e1.jpg

My car was booked in for service and i arranged via connected services to get the update done rather than make a special trip. 

Out of all the long list of bugs people have reported this is the official line of what you can expect the update to fix....adjust your expectations if you have issues that are not on the list. 

The improvements for Software 18 are:
- Real Time Traffic Information - Data refresh improved
- DAB text information correction
- Map Update - allows the possibility to download a new map.
 
After the update it remembered  most but not all of my personal settings and phone linked ok. Some of your personal setting especially in the navigation department will need reconfiguring.
 
As for the ability to be able to download a new map i can not comment. As an early adopter i only had 12 months free subscription and this period expired quite some time ago. No new download has magically appeared in the store despite some people being told ALL would qualify once the map block had been lifted. You would think it would be the least they could do considering they have not kept their end off the bargain for the last two years...but alas no, and i digress. Those with 3 years free subscription should be ok to update to 06-2016 maps.
As my live traffic has also expired i can not comment if the magical mystery diversions it likes to take you on have disappeared with better data refresh nor if it still ignores your time saving parameters.
The only thing i can give my observations on is the DAB radio text display. I have done a few hours of driving which included lots of channel changing, changing media sources ,and engine on/offs (to test its memory). The low down is it works....but not first time every time!. TIP.. update your DAB radio channel list as at first glance it appears to not work at all.
When changing stations some will show the text almost instantaneously, on some stations it only appeared after 3 or 4 minutes after being tuned in. On some stations it never appeared at all but then would after changing channels and going back. Some didn't work with any amount of coaxing...but then did on my next trip out. Made no difference if the station was in presets or not. So in summary, it's a bit hit and miss, and as luck would have it my favourite station would have to be the one that worked the least times of all :blink:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Photo 13-09-2017, 19 35 08.jpg

Photo 13-09-2017, 19 32 26.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is being updated in 2 weeks and all I can say is Connected services have confirmed in writing to me with this updated they will have an  up to date map installed even though my "free" subscription ended in June! if that don't happen the Brown Stuff will hit the Fan! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ianhove said:

Mine is being updated in 2 weeks and all I can say is Connected services have confirmed in writing to me with this updated they will have an  up to date map installed even though my "free" subscription ended in June! if that don't happen the Brown Stuff will hit the Fan! 

You might want to press them on how exactly they expect to deliver on that promise. Ive been down that road. I asked them are you going to adjust my expiry date so i can get the map update i was rightly due.? Connected services said they had no control over the R-link2 store "we will have to pass you on to customer services". Customer services "We can't do that, we will send you a voucher so you can have a map update done at your dealer" Me.." Dealers don't do map updates they are delivered via the r-link2 toolbox, so thats no use to me" Customer services " Oh don't they" Me.. "No, don't you know how the system works?" Customer services " UMMM maybe it would be best if we sent you a cheque for £75 ?" ..Me "that will do nicely thanks". Is that cheque going to be spent on maps that are over a year old...not bloody likely atm...maybe at some point in the future when they have demonstrated  they can actually deliver a credible service consistently, until then it's navigation on the phone for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 1964 said:

No ... Renault say head units manufactured before May 2017 are not compatible. 

And reason is crap... USB port does not charge device... Last weekend my daughter connected her iPhone SE as iPOD and during playback phone was charged also... So Renault should come out with different reason...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the "new" Kadjar first appeared (the one with light in the glove box and walk-away lock) I was interested to see how much it will cost compared with mine (it was just a few weeks old). So, using the Renault "build your Kadjar" site I just configured one with the same options like mine. The price difference was 38 Euro. I am sure the price difference between the R Link 2.x and the R Link 3.x is also somewhere 20 to 80 Euro.

For me is clear: Renault doesn't want to solve this problem because they just don't care. They are already focused on the new idea of "Easy Connect" and R Link 2 (especially with 2.x) is already considered "history".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad on this reality is fact that not only Kadjars are affected... a lot of Meganes 4th generation, Scenic 4th generation, all Espace 5th generation, all Talismans and all new Koleos are somehow affected... Do you think that they couldn´t care less? Do you think that they dare to? If they, then it is really sadly at least...

But when I read a list of fixes/updates in latest firmware release 2.2.18.590 there are mentioned things like lock on walk-away, mirror folding and so... So I am still convinced that a lot of functions are just matter of coding of main control unit (UCH) unlike a light in glove department which is physical thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, robertp said:

Sad on this reality is fact that not only Kadjars are affected... a lot of Meganes 4th generation, Scenic 4th generation, all Espace 5th generation, all Talismans and all new Koleos are somehow affected... Do you think that they couldn´t care less? Do you think that they dare to? If they, then it is really sadly at least...

But when I read a list of fixes/updates in latest firmware release 2.2.18.590 there are mentioned things like lock on walk-away, mirror folding and so... So I am still convinced that a lot of functions are just matter of coding of main control unit (UCH) unlike a light in glove department which is physical thing...

Robert...the only fixes that the update addresses  are the ones i listed above. It does not add "walk away locking" or "auto mirror" function. If you read a list somewhere it was someones "wish" list not what the update delivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well

there is a link in this forum what new FW release fix and insert... In short

Update from firmware version 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.18.580 0
Errors eliminated: Avoid stretch lock
Mistakes eliminated: They approach a traffic jam even though there is no traffic jam
Fixed: You are approaching a traffic jam and there is a traffic jam, no message from R Link2
Fixed bug: Language error at the roundabout take the exit
Fixed bug: Roundabout roundabout over the roundabout
Fixed: DR reception and radio text now correct
An automatic volume adjustment has been added to BOSE
An automatic mirror fold-in was applied at shutdown
An automatic door lock was inserted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robertp said:

Well

there is a link in this forum what new FW release fix and insert... In short

Update from firmware version 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.18.580 0
Errors eliminated: Avoid stretch lock
Mistakes eliminated: They approach a traffic jam even though there is no traffic jam
Fixed: You are approaching a traffic jam and there is a traffic jam, no message from R Link2
Fixed bug: Language error at the roundabout take the exit
Fixed bug: Roundabout roundabout over the roundabout
Fixed: DR reception and radio text now correct
An automatic volume adjustment has been added to BOSE
An automatic mirror fold-in was applied at shutdown
An automatic door lock was inserted

No, it doesn't fix or add all of those. That was someone's poll at the German forum where he asked IF those were added or fixed. https://www.kadjar-forum.de/index.php/Thread/1865-Erste-Erfahrung-mit-dem-RLink2-update-firmware-2-2-18-590/?pageNo=1 (Use Google Translator).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last three in the list are not true, i should know i have the update, and i have a bose and can confirm auto volume has not been added either. No idea what stretch lock is and I've never had a language problem with the Sat Nav....except for swearing at it ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ballantine said:

No, it doesn't fix or add all of those. That was someone's poll at the German forum where he asked IF those were added or fixed. https://www.kadjar-forum.de/index.php/Thread/1865-Erste-Erfahrung-mit-dem-RLink2-update-firmware-2-2-18-590/?pageNo=1 (Use Google Translator).

Thanks Ballantine ...so it was a poll ..best to stick to facts here so people don't get their hopes up.Even the version number is wrong on the post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "2.2.18.580" version appeared on French sites as a project. When the update was launched the version number was slightly changed.

Like Windows : 7, 8..... 10 even though Microsoft had  a project called Windows 9. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject.... I'm running 2.2.15.703 and I'm one of the unfortunate ones who has updated to iOS11 and now can't connect my phone to my Kadjar. 

If I request an upgrade to the latest firmware, is it possible that this will fix the issue (here's hoping!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KatieDi said:

Hello.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject.... I'm running 2.2.15.703 and I'm one of the unfortunate ones who has updated to iOS11 and now can't connect my phone to my Kadjar. 

If I request an upgrade to the latest firmware, is it possible that this will fix the issue (here's hoping!)

if you have 2.2.15.703 i would contact Connected Services and see if you can upgrade to the latest version, from what I understand (might be wrong) you might have the older version of the R-Link that allows the update to happen.  I have 2.2.17 but a 66 plate and cannot receive the update just now due to a'particular configuration'

 

From Renault


The particular software configuration that has enabled a small number of users to proceed with the new update, is that their software version is a very old version. All other R-Link 2 with the current software version. like your satnav, have not been enabled yet to take the new update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. Just been into my Renault dealer in Bristol to advise them of my ongoing r-link2 faults on my Kadjar S Nav 1.5d May 2017 running 2.2.17.803 boot 4992.

Dab radio not showing channel information on what is playing

Dab radio signal lost every 4 minutes stationary or moving.

Phone sometimes does not connect have tried two different  make phones same fault.

Constant loss of warning notification including speed camera info. Requiring constant resetting.

Reception have advised me that there is no update available at the moment but have booked the car in for the 26th Oct to check these reported faults and that they would require the car all-day. My reply was that they would have the car all-day just to tell me on collection that it requires a system update. They have advised that they need to register the faults for themselves. I hope that they are not insinuating that I am telling lies.😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2017 at 9:35 PM, leejaxxin said:

if you have 2.2.15.703 i would contact Connected Services and see if you can upgrade to the latest version, from what I understand (might be wrong) you might have the older version of the R-Link that allows the update to happen.  I have 2.2.17 but a 66 plate and cannot receive the update just now due to a'particular configuration'

 

From Renault


The particular software configuration that has enabled a small number of users to proceed with the new update, is that their software version is a very old version. All other R-Link 2 with the current software version. like your satnav, have not been enabled yet to take the new update.

Hi - I have version 2.2.15.703 running on my 66 plate Kadjar at present and I've so far been unable to get anyone to believe there's even a software update available! It's getting very frustrating!  I have no connectivity to my iPhone anymore, the DAB signal drops out all over the place and the head unit just crashes at least once a week (takes about 3mins or so to come back on). 

Is it easier to go through this Connected Services group to progress an update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dal22 said:

Hi - I have version 2.2.15.703 running on my 66 plate Kadjar at present and I've so far been unable to get anyone to believe there's even a software update available! It's getting very frustrating!  I have no connectivity to my iPhone anymore, the DAB signal drops out all over the place and the head unit just crashes at least once a week (takes about 3mins or so to come back on). 

Is it easier to go through this Connected Services group to progress an update?

Frankly , it's probably easier to go through Ford than Renault if it's progress you want :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GMV    0
20 hours ago, Dal22 said:

Hi - I have version 2.2.15.703 running on my 66 plate Kadjar at present and I've so far been unable to get anyone to believe there's even a software update available! It's getting very frustrating!  I have no connectivity to my iPhone anymore, the DAB signal drops out all over the place and the head unit just crashes at least once a week (takes about 3mins or so to come back on). 

Is it easier to go through this Connected Services group to progress an update?

2.2.18.590 wil solved the problem.  Your dealer can make the update availeble and install it to your system. Sorry for my bad grammar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

6 6