• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar Brake Problems
2 2

16 posts in this topic

nMy Kadjar has just been taken away for the second time with all brake warning lights on, bleeping madly & parking brake stuck on.

This happened 3 months ago & dealer could not trace the fault so replaced the ABS pump & cured it?

But now it has happened again & I am very cheesed off.

Had any one else suffered this problem?

Hi vincent 

it looks like you have found a problem none of the members have had. Please keep us informed of any outcome you get from Renault, i think a lot of members would like to know.

by the way, welcome to the forum the Kadjar is a really nice car, as with most forums you only read the neg about it but apart from the cars sat nav, if you can find a 3 year old to program it as i am sure it works on baby logic, and nothing will change my mind on that, ,,,,, drifting off ,,,, any way let us know the outcome   :wub:

Just had a similar experience.

Stopped at a level crossing, applied handbrake rather than use footbrake, all sorts of warnings came on dash.

"Check handbrake"

"Check Hill Start Assist"

"Braking system fault"

"Check stop/start"

The red "P" in a circle was flashing, as was the light on the handbrake switch.

Also on dash was orange warning spanner and later the red stop light.

The brakes worked fine and as I was near home I continued. By the time I was home all the warnings had gone.

I think it best to leave it for now as the car is due it's first service in a couple of weeks, unless it recurs. 

Anyone else had this?

Just now, ulfire said:

May sound a bit stupid , but have you checked your brake fluid ?. I had a similar experience with brake warning lights when my brake fluid was nearing the minimum level ...on a different car 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just been out to check, reservoir full and fluid clean as the day it came out of the can.

2 hours ago, Wife'sKdj said:

Just had a similar experience.

Stopped at a level crossing, applied handbrake rather than use footbrake, all sorts of warnings came on dash.

"Check handbrake"

"Check Hill Start Assist"

"Braking system fault"

"Check stop/start"

The red "P" in a circle was flashing, as was the light on the handbrake switch.

Also on dash was orange warning spanner and later the red stop light.

The brakes worked fine and as I was near home I continued. By the time I was home all the warnings had gone.

I think it best to leave it for now as the car is due it's first service in a couple of weeks, unless it recurs. 

Anyone else had this?

If you drive a car with these warning lights on and have an accident you could be in trouble with your insurers--and the law.

My car's second occurrence was made worse because the parking brake would not release--I could not drive it !!!!!

Glad it happened at home not stuck at a level crossing.

6 minutes ago, Vincent said:

If you drive a car with these warning lights on and have an accident you could be in trouble with your insurers--and the law.

My car's second occurrence was made worse because the parking brake would not release--I could not drive it !!!!!

Glad it happened at home not stuck at a level crossing.

I was first in the queue at the barriers and the only reason I applied the handbrake was that I know that they come down when the (slow) train is about 5 miles away!

I had little option but to drive through after the barriers raised and find a place to stop.

The brakes worked fine - the only problem was that the instrument panel thought it was a Christmas tree.

I hope it doesn't happen again but I'll certainly mention it at the service.

When our car went for service I mentioned the problem.

Dealer said that no faults were stored on the car's system.

The issue has not occurred again - perhaps I applied the handbrake in a way the car didn't like and it decided to throw it's toys out of the pram!

i have had this problem in the last few days, took it to renault and apparently they have sorted it by replacing a computer not sure what they mean but i am collecting the car later today so i will ask for more details.