• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

At Last ! But is it to good to be true!
3 3

29 posts in this topic

Very nice. I called to the local dealership and asked about FW upgrdae. They answer that they don't know and i have to come to the service center to check update through diagnostic.  When I asked to check by VIN code  they answer that it will be possible after two weeks :)

My Car was purchased in June 2016 it had a update at the last service so it was up to date as far as it could be 2 year out of date maps. I've been complaining  to Renault Connected Services ever since my "free" subscriptions ran out in June. This email came out the blue so i'm expecting this is the long awaited "fix" Hasn't any one else had the same? The car is booked into the main dealer on the 3rd of October to have this done although they didn't know about new firmware but assured me the Techs would!

I have asked Connected Services to confirm what this "new Firmware" will fix and await I their response  

I am not sure why are you so happy?!

" is it to good to be true!"??????

It is a common upgrade to FIX something Renault did wrong. Microsoft is doing this once at 2 or 3 days.

After this upgrade you will have Waze or Android Auto? Your Kadjar will be running on water??

Something else than text on radio and maps from 06.2016??? It is funny how happy we are because Renault is correcting its errors!!

3 hours ago, turboted10 said:

It's called sarcasm, something UK owners fully understand but maybe gets lost in translation. In reality it means I'm not happy as it has taken so bloody long,

Hope that helps

Thanks, now make sense! :) 

For me ianhove seems to be really happy and.... grateful.

55 minutes ago, HWA said:

@ianhove - which Firmware version do you have installed now?  - and do you know which version they will update to?

Its the same at the moment as everybody else which is the latest 

I've just had Rachael from Renault Connected Services call me to tell me my Kadjar eligible for the RLink2 upgrade which should fix my reported issues.  I will need to take my car to a local dealer for the upgrade to be applied.

She asked me who was my local dealer so she could contact them and make sure everything is in place with them.

I've just had Rachael from Renault Connected Services call me to tell me my Kadjar eligible for the RLink2 upgrade which should fix my reported issues.  I will need to take my car to a local dealer for the upgrade to be applied.

She asked me who was my local dealer so she could contact them and make sure everything is in place with them.

Really? If that's the case it is VERY disappointing. We've been told all along that this update will be accessible via the R-Link store!

I had a similar message from Bruno:

Regarding the Software Update, we are now updating the devices in batches and your
vehicle is eligible for the new software version, this was also why I was contacting
you.
Once I get confirmation that you can update it, I will send you the instructions.

From Connected Services

The vehicles that have now been called in have a particular configuration that will allow the update to install. And have therefore been requested to do so at the dealerships.

Unfortunately your R-Link 2 does not have the required configuration for this part of the install process. Currently the dealerships do not have the capability to update your R-Link 2 software to the latest version.

No idea what the particular configuration is..........

40 minutes ago, leejaxxin said:

From Connected Services

The vehicles that have now been called in have a particular configuration that will allow the update to install. And have therefore been requested to do so at the dealerships.

Unfortunately your R-Link 2 does not have the required configuration for this part of the install process. Currently the dealerships do not have the capability to update your R-Link 2 software to the latest version.

No idea what the particular configuration is..........

" F***ed Up " ?

The particular software configuration that has enabled a small number of users to proceed with the new update, is that their software version is a very old version. All other R-Link 2 with the current software version. like your satnav, have not been enabled yet to take the new update.

Has anyone had this update applied yet and know how long it takes?

I was contacted by my local dealer to book in for the update, but they 'don't usually' off a collect and return service for recalls and as they don't know how long the update process takes would need to book my car in for the whole day, removing the option of a Saturday booking.

As much as I want my RLink2 updated I don't really want to take a day off work for it...

On 08/09/2017 at 0:42 PM, abedegno said:

Has anyone had this update applied yet and know how long it takes?

I was contacted by my local dealer to book in for the update, but they 'don't usually' off a collect and return service for recalls and as they don't know how long the update process takes would need to book my car in for the whole day, removing the option of a Saturday booking.

As much as I want my RLink2 updated I don't really want to take a day off work for it...

I've made them give me a courtesy car for the day but have to wait till 3rd Oct for the update ... watch this space..........