At Last ! But is it to good to be true!
3 3

36 posts in this topic

Has anyone had this update applied yet and know how long it takes?

I was contacted by my local dealer to book in for the update, but they 'don't usually' off a collect and return service for recalls and as they don't know how long the update process takes would need to book my car in for the whole day, removing the option of a Saturday booking.

As much as I want my RLink2 updated I don't really want to take a day off work for it...

On 08/09/2017 at 0:42 PM, abedegno said:

I was contacted by my local dealer to book in for the update, but they 'don't usually' off a collect and return service for recalls and as they don't know how long the update process takes would need to book my car in for the whole day, removing the option of a Saturday booking.

As much as I want my RLink2 updated I don't really want to take a day off work for it...

The 1st 5 words are all that matters, if anyone can say other than NO, please step forward.

I've made them give me a courtesy car for the day but have to wait till 3rd Oct for the update ... watch this space..........

UPDATE!!!

Car went in for the long awaited update on Monday to Hendys in Brighton where they promptly told me that the car had already been updated at the last service! They had no knowledge of the latest software or there are even any issues with Rlink - I soon put that right! I gave them the nice mans name and contact details at Renault Connected Services and I gather after lots of piss and wind between them both it was sorted -  I got the car back yesterday - 3 days to do the update????  - all seems to be as it should be DAB programme and track info showing and they tell me the Maps have been updated - yet to use this to find out. 

So I'm guessing this is the best its gonna get - Now the battle will commence to get the 2 Map updates per year as promised.

Oh Joy ! 

3 days!!!!!! in my case!

7 minutes ago, ianhove said:

3 days!!!!!! in my case!

I think that might just be the ace up their sleeve, not many would want to be without the car for a day let alone 3 just for a system update.. 

What age/ref was the car/rlink?

And post back if it works.

2 hours ago, turboted10 said:

I think that might just be the ace up their sleeve, not many would want to be without the car for a day let alone 3 just for a system update.. 

What age/ref was the car/rlink?

And post back if it works.

See my earlier post :)