• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Shuffle and Repeat
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hi again,

Yet another question from a new owner. I have had my 1.5 Dce Signature car for almost two weeks, and, for the life of me can't figure out how to control playback of my albums from either my iPhone 5S or a USB stick. When selecting an album to be played it plays the first track, then does a random shuffle of the tracks, so they play "out of order". The player also seems to automatically repeat. Now, I'm aware that there are a couple of selections entitled shuffle and repeat, but on my Kadjar they appear to have no effect. Whichever way or combination the shuffle/repeat selections are set, the album shuffles and repeats after playing all the "mixed up" tracks. I don't spend my life in the car, so it's something I can live with, but it would be nice if I could simply play the album in its designed sequence. I can't find anything that covers the problem on the help screen or instruction manual, has anyone else noticed this, or do I have a "rogue" Kadjar ?

Is the metadata in files ordering the tracks correctly ? Shuffle and repeat seems to work OK on mine . Only  problem I have is that ,when I set the play order to shuffle , the car doesn't always remember the setting . So ,when I stop the engine and start again , shuffle is often off . The opposite of your problem ,in fact . I rarely use repeat , but it does work . Maybe resetting the system will help ?

Thanks ulfire,

The playlists I use on the USB sticks are exactly those I used on my previous Meganne and had no problems.  I have recently done the reset to help with registering the Rlink2 so that should be good.  The problem persists whether I have shuffle selected on or off in the system settings.  Perhaps a visit to the dealer will solve the issue.

Hello , I found my iPhone 6 Plus to be the fault. . It's set to shuffle ... I googled how to un shuffle ...

Basically you have to go into album on iPhone choose track and there you can chose no shuffle...

Then we have just had updates for iPhones and it set the dam thing to shuffle again !!!

I haven't used the usb for music... I put an album in a folder and the link can't detect it...

Manns,

Thanks for that. I've looked at the phone and the USB side of it. I just get shuffle. Baffled of Swindon should be my moniker on this. My confusion is really with the media selections in the car. I have tried all variations on the shuffle and repeat buttons, and still get shuffled. Hey, it's not the end of the world, just an annoyance. I will direct the probs at my dealer and see what he says.

Hello , I found my iPhone 6 Plus to be the fault. . It's set to shuffle ... I googled how to un shuffle ...

Basically you have to go into album on iPhone choose track and there you can chose no shuffle...

Then we have just had updates for iPhones and it set the dam thing to shuffle again !!!

I haven't used the usb for music... I put an album in a folder and the link can't detect it...

I don't know if it works that way . I put the files on the USB , no folders , and that works well

Probably a reset of the system will clear it, the r-link2 is full of bugs and I think Renault know it, hence an imminent update! I have a list of odd behaviours of my system and have discussed with the dealer, the trouble is that I don't know of a helpline/department that is dedicated to r-link, who can feed the info to the software developers. Safety related issues, like the odd speed camera warnings, may be addressed first, others will take their place in the queue.

I have 160gb hard drive plugged into rlink with songs in there Pacific folders and plays perfect. I have noticed that every rim I play from the hard drive I have to switch off repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like our R-Link screen going off completely is just the tip off the iceberg .

I have mentioned a while back that the R Link is the weak link in the Kadjar . Check on the continental forums, especially Germany , and you'll see that most of these issues have been present since the European launch ...and still no fixes :mellow:

A pity, it detracts from what is a very nice vehicle. Let's hope a simple upgrade to the software is available to fix the lot soon.

Smudge

That was the point I was trying to make earlier ,I think in my 1500 mile review . The Kadjar is a great car let down by the R Link . The R Link 2 system is heavily emphasized in the Kadjar advertising . Problems with it surely then constitute that the vehicle is sold unfit for purpose ?

I too have the system temperamental. I struggle to get the settings working (like shuffle on or off) and then next time I switch the R-Link on it has forgotten the previous setting. However I have got it to successfully shuffle songs within an album, shuffle all songs on the USB and play selected album in sequence..... but not particularly easily!! The browser to select albums, artists etc is also not great. Renault market it as being "like Android" but I'd throw my Android device away if it behaved like R-Link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A pity, it detracts from what is a very nice vehicle. Let's hope a simple upgrade to the software is available to fix the lot soon.

Smudge

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This cracks me up.

"A simple upgrade" to put the Kadjar right.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah right ok.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hi again all,

another, probably stupid question, but I will ask it anyway.  With regard to the "shuffle" setting seeming to be the default on the R Link system, a friend recently suggested that if I tell it to play a playlist it should follow the order of the playlist.  I have all the playlists on the USB stick with the albums, formatted as .m3u8 files.  The system can dot see them when I use the playlist section (no playlists found).  Im pretty sure that this will be a simple matter of the playlist format.  Anyone have any idea what format thr R Link recognises for a playlist ?  I would be grateful if someone could advise.

Thanks for that Christi, I think after a day of experimentation I have resolved the problem, without resort to playlists at all. I've found that if I place each album in its own folder on the USB stick, title each track in sequence (01, 02 etc) then by going in to folders and selecting play all it plays the album, in sequence, which is what I needed. Thanks again for your response, perhaps both might offer something to others.

Computers tend to be very logical and will play songs in alphabetical order, using 01,02 or a, b, c, on the files will sort it out. I have some files that play like this others may have hidden info as they play in the order downloaded.