• Announcements

    • shedder101

      WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

      i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R-Link completely dead
5 5

16 posts in this topic

So, I got in the car yesterday and started it. Multifunctional display in the centre console didn't come on at all. The display in front of the steering wheel (speed etc) has reset to Green (I had changed it to blue..).

Tried holding the power button down on the radio for 15 seconds. Didn't come on.

Radio doesn't work, Bluetooth isn't present, parking sensors don't work... quite frustrating. Can't change any settings (like auto mainbeam or lane guidance).

Have stopped the car, locked it, restarted etc.... can't bring it back to life.

Any ideas?

It's a 16 plate Kadjar, Dynamic S, UK (right hand drive).

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest - does disconnecting the battery reset or affect anything? Presumably the R-Link crashed and disconnecting the battery forces a hard reboot of it - I think Renault should have a button combination on the console to do this - it would just be working out which physical buttons to press - or maybe just press and keep pressed the power button a long time. Handy to know anyway, keep a spanner in the car to remove battery lead if required!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, c0ff33 said:

Out of interest - does disconnecting the battery reset or affect anything? Presumably the R-Link crashed and disconnecting the battery forces a hard reboot of it - I think Renault should have a button combination on the console to do this - it would just be working out which physical buttons to press - or maybe just press and keep pressed the power button a long time. Handy to know anyway, keep a spanner in the car to remove battery lead if required!

I should imagine so . Removing the power clears the RAM of any errors and , in the case of computers , pressing the power button should then remove any residual voltage . The unit should then reboot from ROM which is in effect a hard reset . The problem with having a button sequence to do so is an end end user could accidentally hit that sequence when driving resulting in disaster . Unlikely , but possible . removing the battery is probably safest :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in response to a couple of comments;

It kept the trip and all user settings, but cleared my average MPG. Quite annoying. 

Also, the little leafy tree thing that tells you how economically you're driving has completely disappeared from the speedo area, and I can't seem to get it back. Otherwise, identical to how it was before the crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So in response to a couple of comments;
It kept the trip and all user settings, but cleared my average MPG. Quite annoying. 
Also, the little leafy tree thing that tells you how economically you're driving has completely disappeared from the speedo area, and I can't seem to get it back. Otherwise, identical to how it was before the crash.

Menu>
Vehicle> (swipe to 2nd page)
User settings>
Driving style indicator.
75f892b9bddb144d08d10c60fadbb71b.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superman 1233 - What you described on August 24th happened to me yesterday, including the speedo display changing to green. My R-link unit on a 17 plate Kadjar Dynamique (right hand drive) just completely died, and no charging from the USB sockets underneath. A mammoth pain on a day when I had to drive with my Son to take his motorbike a hundred miles on A roads to University! My phone just about managed to get us there using google maps, and then died too because I couldn't charge it. Strangely this happened just after the bonnet had been up to top up the water bottle. It's booked in with Renault BUT I wonder if a fuse has blown? Found the fuses but couldn't identify which one relates to the R-link. I'll try disconnecting the battery.

Thanks for the tips that have been posted on this thread

On 24/08/2017 at 2:03 PM, superman1233 said:

So, I got in the car yesterday and started it. Multifunctional display in the centre console didn't come on at all. The display in front of the steering wheel (speed etc) has reset to Green (I had changed it to blue..).

Tried holding the power button down on the radio for 15 seconds. Didn't come on.

Radio doesn't work, Bluetooth isn't present, parking sensors don't work... quite frustrating. Can't change any settings (like auto mainbeam or lane guidance).

Have stopped the car, locked it, restarted etc.... can't bring it back to life.

Any ideas?

It's a 16 plate Kadjar, Dynamic S, UK (right hand drive).

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 16 plate Kadjar did the exact same ! Took to garage, they fiddled with the car, got it working again but told me that it will probably go off again and  that the r-link unit needs replacing, booked in again next week and will take all day to replace, allegedly the unit is £880, good job it under warranty. The mechanic told me that its a common fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2066 kadjar multi media screen went blank. Tried rebooting, no luck. Yesterday engine would not turn over. Checked the battery only 10 volts on my digital voltmeter. put battery on charge for 4 hrs. Voltage up to 13v. Tried to start engine it fired up. 'Hey Presto' my R- link activated again all my personal settings accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mick G said:

My 2066 kadjar multi media screen went blank. Tried rebooting, no luck. Yesterday engine would not turn over. Checked the battery only 10 volts on my digital voltmeter. put battery on charge for 4 hrs. Voltage up to 13v. Tried to start engine it fired up. 'Hey Presto' my R- link activated again all my personal settings accurate.

Check out known sudden start/stop car battery failure. They supplied defective batteries in a nutshell. It may well happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to me as well about 10 months ago with complete  battery failure which meant car was completely "dead" meaning that doors wouldn't unlock and electronic handbrake wouldn't release. Called AA for assistance and they managed to start the car with a fast charge. The car was due for its first service shortly after this (May 2016) so everything was checked then and I was told that the battery was "perfectly within normal range so didn't need replacement".

I have had no further problems with anything at all although the Start/Stop has never really worked ever since I got the car new in May 2016 and despite others having problems with their R/link; mine has functioned properly ever since new and the various Map functions have been satisfactory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dave169 said:

This happened to me as well about 10 months ago with complete  battery failure which meant car was completely "dead" meaning that doors wouldn't unlock and electronic handbrake wouldn't release. Called AA for assistance and they managed to start the car with a fast charge. The car was due for its first service shortly after this (May 2016) so everything was checked then and I was told that the battery was "perfectly within normal range so didn't need replacement".

I have had no further problems with anything at all although the Start/Stop has never really worked ever since I got the car new in May 2016 and despite others having problems with their R/link; mine has functioned properly ever since new and the various Map functions have been satisfactory.

I could have wrote the exact same words myself. The one puzzling thing though is that I was told that to prove the battery was faulty would take a whole day as a series of longer tests had to be carried out to satisfy renault/nissan. RAC man had to jump start mine then followed me to the dealership. This was the 1st and only time, it happened without warning and the battery did get changed. Common issue.

My s/start has also completely given up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

5 5