• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Fuel range query
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Some  cars calculate the range based on the fuel economy of the last tank . If the last tanks fuel economy was poorer than normally it would . You'll probably find that range will " stick " for a number of miles when driven economically 

Renault calculate fuel economy based on average consumption in last interval (from 0-10.000 km on board computer). So first 1000 miles fuel range will be much shorter then after 3000 miles when consumption will be more or less equally. My fuel economy is poor (starts with 8 or more liters/100km on start/reset interval and reach 6.1 after 3000 km and is fixed till the end of interval).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some  cars calculate the range based on the fuel economy of the last tank . If the last tanks fuel economy was poorer than normally it would . You'll probably find that range will " stick " for a number of miles when driven economically 
That makes sense I was rather exuberant with my last tank of fuel

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

that looks about right to me a range of 500 to 600 is normal for the kadjar dont forget its only a 55lt tank 
Yes it is a relatively small tank I suppose

I get around 680-700 miles per tank and it constantly adjusts range depending on economy levels achieved
Best I've managed is 647 on mainly motorway n fast A road on an engine that has only got 2000 miles on it .
Hopefully fuel economy will improve a bit

Yeah it's a balancing act as I spend a lot of time in the Scottish highlands where the fuel is extortion To say the least so I fill up where cheap and bargain on the extra weight does not out weigh the saved 15p per litre and also the worry of getting very low in the middle of no where.

Sounds like your about 700 or so by the 3/4 reading.