• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Are Rear Parking Sensors Necessary
3 3

24 posts in this topic

Are they necessary dam right they are,

i did this to day, i didnt see the concrete bollard, bonus was i missed the low fence. Insurance informed and is collecting tomorrow, lets see how long it takes to repair.

IMG_20170814_145717.jpg

IMG_20170814_145720.jpg

God Shedder, that's painful for me to look at. Hard luck mate. This is my first car with them and I'll tell you, they are worth their weight in gold. The old neck doesn't turn as good as it used to and I've come to rely on it. No claims up in smoke or do you have protected?

1 hour ago, PatWar said:

God Shedder, that's painful for me to look at. Hard luck mate. This is my first car with them and I'll tell you, they are worth their weight in gold. The old neck doesn't turn as good as it used to and I've come to rely on it. No claims up in smoke or do you have protected?

its on mobility so i dont know how that works but i would have to list it if i went on my own 

well, Kadjar has been picked up today and i have a Moka as its replacement on hire, 

going back to what Patwar said about insurance and no claims discount.

Do I get any 'no claims' bonus at the end of my lease? or when i leave? so i searched around to find this from there fqa's 

"As the car is owned by Motability Operations Ltd you will not accrue any personal no-claims bonus.

Any personal no-claims history held before joining the Scheme may no longer be accepted by insurers if you leave the Scheme. Some insurance companies may honour previous personal no claims history, but this is usually only for a period of up to 2 or 3 years.

If you leave the Scheme, RSA Motability (RSAM) may be able to provide a claims history letter which details any claims made by you and your nominated drivers along with the period of time you have had claims free driving. Many insurance companies will accept this a proof of your claims history. You can request a claims history letter"

so 15 years protected NCD is up the spout anyway, i wouldnt go looking for a quote, I did, on a 5 year old ford c max with 0 NCD and listing my bump but ticking it wasn't on my insurance. well the long and short was £1158.34  :( 

i did some ringing around and was told its common for mobility customers to have to start again with NCD. they dont tell you that when you sign up.

looking on the bright side i can crash every week just have to pay the excess  ;)

Thought about going to a good body shop instead of going through insurer? That damage is definitely repairable at a fraction of what you stand to lose from your premiums/NCD? Just a thought.

Kadjar, 1.5 dci Signature S Nav, Flame Red, 66 Plate

I know it's a motability car but are you restricted to only using their repairers by contract or are you just obliged to return it in good condition? If so getting it repaired properly by yourself might be a better option if you are likely to not use motability in the future wouldn't it?

------------------------

I can't be the only sane one here? 🤡

It's not my Kadjar, I'm only borrowing it off my Grandad!

1 hour ago, turboted10 said:

I'm told it's £100 excess, plus it's recorded when the car goes back. Don't quote me on the 1st bit, it's what the old girl told me the other day when hubby had backed into a parked car, obviously they hadn't got them either. He paid cash to the other bloke to save his excess, not applicable in your case.

yep £100 excess, but thats the end of it. its a very good deal it just traps you to mobility as when you leave you have no NCD

a freind of mine had a couple of minor scrapes on her mobility car, not affecting any other car  and she rang up and they told her as the car was roadworthy and she had 2 years left on the contract, it was best to wait till near the end, report all the minors in one claim then it would only cost one excess if she wanted to 

it should make no difference at the end of the contract, if the dealer says it in good nick you get your £250. they dont care if you ask me as they cant sell it on the dealer looks if there is no big damage just general wear and tear they say its good. one thing the discount completely on the look over is the boot and the top of the rear bumper as its very easy to mark getting scooters and chairs in and out. on my last one i put quite a large gouge in the plastic bumper and they said it is not counted in the overall condition. 

news from repair centre 

parts ordered , new bumper and light, repair paint damage.

if the parts are in stock, they hope to have it back in 4 working days 

so depends or renault, how many members think they will be in stock 

vote . i say no 

5 hours ago, stephen.gowling said:

Did you catch the dude pilfering your case of Pepsi?

lol it was the wife 

update 

car fixed just needs cleaning they will call tomorrow to schedule its return 

4 days bloody dam good