• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Auto window closer when locking

17 posts in this topic

Here is a brief PDF guide i made for installing the auto window closer loom and relay for anybody who would like to have this feature. As a few of you may have found out if you leave your windows open a crack your alarm will probably go off in the night. Also once you open the door the power to windows is cut and you have to press the start button again to close the windows which is a bit of a pain. This auto closer takes forgetfulness out of the equation by closing the windows for you when you lock the car. Pressing the lock button on the door or fob will fold the mirrors in (if you have auto mirrors) and the shut the windows one by one in sequence if any have been left open. 

This kit is available from Aliexpress..https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Car-Auto-Power-Window-Closer-Closing-Open-Remote-Control-For-Renault-Kadjar/32794965557.html

Credit goes to Buder for finding this useful item...cheers buddy.

auto_window_closer forum guide.pdf

Auto window closer.mp4

Just had a thought if your thinking of adding this to your car.....probably best if I say what features my car has / had . Mine is a early 2016 and came without auto mirrors ( I added this feature post purchase) and no walk away locking. So I have no idea if this would be compatible with post Nov 2016 cars as I don't know what wiring set up newer cars have under the skin. No idea if Chinese KJ,s changed spec at the same time as us either as they have their own factory.The seller of the kit does ask you to state what year and model you have so may well make different variants of the kit depending on when it was made. The listing does state not suitable for RHD but I think that is a bit of arse covering because they don't have access to one to test it. It's my guess the RHD wiring is a mirror image of the LHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/14/2017 at 7:23 PM, 1964 said:

Just had a thought if your thinking of adding this to your car.....probably best if I say what features my car has / had . Mine is a early 2016 and came without auto mirrors ( I added this feature post purchase) and no walk away locking.

Great, thank you!

One question: when you start your car and it auto-locks at 10 km/h it closes the windows?

Great, thank you!
One question: when you start your car and it auto-locks at 10 km/h it closes the windows?

I've never had that setting switched to on. Will check what happens on my way home from work for you.

Great, thank you!

The auto locking does not make the windows wind up. Nor does pressing the manual button in the arm rest.

On 14/8/2017 at 7:23 PM, 1964 said:

Just had a thought if your thinking of adding this to your car.....probably best if I say what features my car has / had . Mine is a early 2016 and came without auto mirrors ( I added this feature post purchase) 

Hi did you install auto mirrors after you bought your car? Is there any kit? I got mine before nov 2016 and it didn't had them (epression model)!!

If your mirrors fold electrically by pushing a button on the top of the arm rest then yes there is a kit that will do it.
There is a genuine kit for the kadjar. There is also a genuine kit to fit the Qashqai 2015 on wards. Both use plugs that are piggy backed from the mirror and window switches in the drivers door. There is just one connection that needs splicing to pick up the lock activation.

There are also after market modules available which are I believe similar and cheaper.

I used the Qashqai module on mine it's exactly the same, as the Kadjar uses the switches and loom from the Nissan

1 minute ago, darenh said:

If your mirrors fold electrically by pushing a button on the top of the arm rest then yes there is a kit that will do it.
There is a genuine kit for the kadjar. There is also a genuine kit to fit the Qashqai 2015 on wards. Both use plugs that are piggy backed from the mirror and window switches in the drivers door. There is just one connection that needs splicing to pick up the lock activation.

There are also after market modules available which are I believe similar and cheaper.

I used the Qashqai module on mine it's exactly the same, as the Kadjar uses the switches and loom from the Nissan

No it doesn't have a button that's why i was looking if there's a kit to install that feature! Now i have to close my mirrors with my hand! Dynamic version was only available by order when I bought my kadjar!

No it doesn't have a button that's why i was looking if there's a kit to install that feature! Now i have to close my mirrors with my hand! Dynamic version was only available by order when I bought my kadjar!

Ok I'm afraid it'll be a new mirrors and make your own loom up. It's possible to do if you can source some used mirrors.

I'll guess at the minute it's going to be cost prohibitive as the vehicle is to new, and I would say you will have to be an enthusiast to do it.

A quick look on eBay a mirror is £180 x 2 then a switch before you start making looms etc.

It's a far different world then when I did my MGf for £20 a mirror

1 minute ago, darenh said:

Ok I'm afraid it'll be a new mirrors and make your own loom up. It's possible to do if you can source some used mirrors.

I'll guess at the minute it's going to be cost prohibitive as the vehicle is to new, and I would say you will have to be an enthusiast to do it

Damn it! It's been two years and still no parts here available! It hasn't sale that much as the qashqai in greece!

Hi did you install auto mirrors after you bought your car? Is there any kit? I got mine before nov 2016 and it didn't had them (epression model)!!

Agree with what Darren said. No kit that I'm aware of to achieve what you want.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:11 PM, 1964 said:

Here is a brief PDF guide i made for installing the auto window closer loom and relay ....

PERFECT PDF!!! Thank you!!! I installed it today. It works wonderful. I am still not sure about "Automatic open windows when unlock the car".  But I will figure it out in time!

If you agree I will send the pdf to the Chinese guy. It will help all the customers. Maybe some are not members on out forum!

Thank you for the compliment Buder. Sure you can circulate it if you think it will help others. As you know the fitting instructions that come with it are next to useless.

The auto window opening feature using the key fob that is listed as one of the features doesn't work on mine either. Can't think why you would want it unless to open the windows as you were approaching on a hot day so you don't get that blast of hot air in your face as you open the door.

Doesn't bother me as it does the job I wanted it for.

On 9/1/2017 at 6:39 PM, 1964 said:

The auto window opening feature using the key fob that is listed as one of the features doesn't work on mine either. 

I tested it today and it works. With the car locked you have to press: unlock-lock-unlock but... how can I say? with half a second between them. If you press with a shorter gap it doesn't work.

Yes, it can be useful in a hot day (so maybe in UK is not so useful) :D

54 minutes ago, Buder said:

I tested it today and it works. With the car locked you have to press: unlock-lock-unlock but... how can I say? with half a second between them. If you press with a shorter gap it doesn't work.

Yes, it can be useful in a hot day (so maybe in UK is not so useful) :D

Thanks for the tip... I was rushing the presses.👍

Might use it on a couple of days of the year 😉