• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

System Information
5 5

16 posts in this topic

Hi Guy's I know there has been alot of talk and people saying and asking which is the actual Latest software Release Numbers please

I know there are a few at there with a new test update firm ware can anyone tell me what there numbers are ???

and what is the most common numbers that the rest of us have got ???

any help PLease

Why? Is better?

Let's hope so or there will be a terrible gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands! Valium anyone?🤣

------------------------
I can't be the only sane one here? 🤡
It's not my Kadjar, I'm only borrowing it off my Grandad!

I'm still on 2.2.17.803 and have been for some time. Car was last serviced End of May this year.

I agree with 1064 about Version 3, absolutely makes sense Android Play is in the latest model of the car, essentially RLINK3

Kadjar delivered in Romania on 10.08.201791e14d748b64b2b13646a6647731f97e.jpg

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G955F folosind Tapatalk

Same version on my UK Kadjar delivered 04.08.2017. Nav version detail attached as well.1b32c6c35b954b32ac9083a9e7314ddf.jpg

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Same version on my UK Kadjar delivered 04.08.2017. Nav version detail attached as well.1b32c6c35b954b32ac9083a9e7314ddf.jpg

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

So you have got updated maps, that are "only" one year old? The rest of us are stuck with more than two years old maps.

Skickat från min LG-H818 via Tapatalk

My name is Matt Shattock and I am contacting you from Renault Connected Services.

I spoke to you a little earlier on the telephone regarding the latest firmware update for your R-Link 2.

As mentioned, some customers with an earlier software version have been invited to install this update via the dealership for testing purposes.

As you have a newer software version (2.2.17.803) , this option is still not available to you, however we expect the new firmware to be available for all R-Link 2's in the coming weeks.

Can anyone confirm if they have had their software upgraded from 803?

Kadjar delivered in Romania on 10.08.201791e14d748b64b2b13646a6647731f97e.jpg

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G955F folosind Tapatalk

Just like mine... Bought from Bulgaria

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

On 18/08/2017 at 3:53 PM, @lex said:

My name is Matt Shattock and I am contacting you from Renault Connected Services.

I spoke to you a little earlier on the telephone regarding the latest firmware update for your R-Link 2.

As mentioned, some customers with an earlier software version have been invited to install this update via the dealership for testing purposes.

As you have a newer software version (2.2.17.803) , this option is still not available to you, however we expect the new firmware to be available for all R-Link 2's in the coming weeks.

Can anyone confirm if they have had their software upgraded from 803?

"in the coming weeks" is a bit too vague for my liking! I'm running 2.2.15.703 and I'm starting to make contact with my local dealership to see if I can get an update. I'm really keen to resolve the issues I have ASAP. 

Interesting to see the info above in an email from Connected Services though, first time I've seen someone get anything near to a proper explanation out of them. 

Ours went for first service yesterday.

Happened to bump into salesman who sold us the car and expressed our disappointment that the maps were so out of date.

He assured us that they could update them for us and the job was put on the service sheet.

When we got the car back there was no update done but they had a factory reset on the R-Link.

Still trying to get our preferences back after 24 hours.

I despair sometimes.

Paul.

Right folks... I've had a nice conversation this morning with someone from Connected Services - he asked to ring me to explain the situation. 

As I have firmware version 2.2.15.703, I should be able to contact any Renault Dealership and ask to be booked in for an upgrade to 2.2.18.x. This should then open up my Kadjar to receiving new map/app updates. Currently the 2.2.15.703 firmware cannot accept these updates, due to an apparent technical issue. The guy at Connected Services has asked me to keep him updated and if the dealership refuses to do the update, he's asked for me to send him the name/contact number of the service department people and he will contact them direct and ask what's going on (which is nice :)). 

In addition, for those of you on the 2.2.17.x firmware, apparently you have to hold on a bit and eventually all cars will be eligible for an upgrade but this is being done in batches of cars. If you contact Connected Services they will take your chassis number and other details and request that you're added to an upcoming batch of cars.

Hope this information is helpful and I'll update once I contact the dealership later today and let you know how I get on. 

4 hours ago, Dal22 said:

Right folks... I've had a nice conversation this morning with someone from Connected Services - he asked to ring me to explain the situation. 

As I have firmware version 2.2.15.703, I should be able to contact any Renault Dealership and ask to be booked in for an upgrade to 2.2.18.x. This should then open up my Kadjar to receiving new map/app updates. Currently the 2.2.15.703 firmware cannot accept these updates, due to an apparent technical issue. The guy at Connected Services has asked me to keep him updated and if the dealership refuses to do the update, he's asked for me to send him the name/contact number of the service department people and he will contact them direct and ask what's going on (which is nice :)). 

In addition, for those of you on the 2.2.17.x firmware, apparently you have to hold on a bit and eventually all cars will be eligible for an upgrade but this is being done in batches of cars. If you contact Connected Services they will take your chassis number and other details and request that you're added to an upcoming batch of cars.

Hope this information is helpful and I'll update once I contact the dealership later today and let you know how I get on. 

So... I've rang my local Renault Dealership and mentioned I'd been on to Connected Services and that they'd advised I ring and get booked in for a software update... they said "no problem" and have booked me in for a 2hr appointment on 10th October (plus free health check and wash/vacuum). That seemed quite easy really but I guess I'll have to wait and see as to what they actually do on the 10th. I'll be checking my software versions before I leave the dealership!

Oh, for what it's worth they've referred to this as a 'recall' on the phone when they booked me in, so maybe the word is finally getting round all the dealerships?