• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Cement dust [emoji30]
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Morning all,

Came back from a week away down Pembrokeshire to find the wife's clio (sat in drive all week) was covered in a thick grey residue. It was so thick that you couldn't see through any of the glass.

Turned out to be cement dust as my neighbour had builders round who put the machine next to the car but in their land (our drives run side by side) and went about their messy business. So rather than them or neighbour washing the dust off with a hose (like i would have!) they left it.

So in the soggy climate of wales it has sat for a week like that. It was so bad that i rubbed my finger on the glass and it wouldn't come off!

As you know i am a little OCD about cleaning the clio n kadj so nearly had a meltdown!!

After washing the Kadjar (remove holiday muck) i did the following to try and not scratch the car!

• Soaked the clio body work with korrosol (fallout remover)

• Snow foamed and let it sit

• Pressure rinsed it off

• another snowfoam soak

• lightly went about washing bodywork using a single direction before rinsing and repeating until it felt clean (ish!)

• Did the above for each part of car

• Then for the first time used a clay bar... Can say i was pretty nervous!

• Clayed each panel and window

• final wash and dry to see the "damage"

• Apart from 1 scratch on the roof (not sure if i did it....) the car came up clean!

However the windscreen was that bad that i spent nearly an hour with clay bar on it! was near as damn it impossible to remove !

But after a sore arm and soggy toes its back to looking "normal" again!

Wish i had taken a pic before hand to show you but was so peeved off i didn't think to do it!

I am still tempted to get my local body shop to properly machine the car as my son has left lovley hand prints that wont lift as its sun cream! So don't know what to do about that!

Ade

Never Tepid or Cold

Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

To be honest they probably did you a big favour by not washing it, imagine they had just used a dirty towel and the bucket they used for cement. .
I think it unfortunate you were away, they probably had little choice and no chance of asking you to move the car.
Guessing it was a petrol block/concrete cutter they were using, that dust is mightily abrasive, leaving it really was the best thing as the cement content would have been spent so would not have really set again.
Glad all was well, and hope the builder buy you a pint, 

Yea your right! glad they didnt sponge it !

When i say cement dust i mean the powder for making concrete rather than block cutting dust.

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Guess the neighbours aren't going to be invited round for a BBQ anytime soon !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are tidy enough as neighbours go. I like to be considerate etc when we have work here done but i know they were both probably in work at the time.

Ah well -

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

11 minutes ago, a-d-e said:

They are tidy enough as neighbours go. I like to be considerate etc when we have work here done but i know they were both probably in work at the time.

Ah well - emoji106.png

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

The builders I meant :)

Have you checked your washers? Give them a big squirt to make sure they're not blocked. We had a similar problem and didn't check and they were blocked shut and the fluid ended up leaking into the car for some reason.

Kadjar, 1.5 dci Signature S Nav, Flame Red, 66 Plate

Have you checked your washers? Give them a big squirt to make sure they're not blocked. We had a similar problem and didn't check and they were blocked shut and the fluid ended up leaking into the car for some reason.

Kadjar, 1.5 dci Signature S Nav, Flame Red, 66 Plate

ooo thanks for this info Jen!

Shall check it later on!

See it does pay to discuss situations on here - its always a helpful place

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Morning all,

Came back from a week away down Pembrokeshire to find the wife's clio (sat in drive all week) was covered in a thick grey residue. It was so thick that you couldn't see through any of the glass.

Turned out to be cement dust as my neighbour had builders round who put the machine next to the car but in their land (our drives run side by side) and went about their messy business. So rather than them or neighbour washing the dust off with a hose (like i would have!) they left it.

So in the soggy climate of wales it has sat for a week like that. It was so bad that i rubbed my finger on the glass and it wouldn't come off!

As you know i am a little OCD about cleaning the clio n kadj so nearly had a meltdown!!

After washing the Kadjar (remove holiday muck) i did the following to try and not scratch the car!

• Soaked the clio body work with korrosol (fallout remover)

• Snow foamed and let it sit

• Pressure rinsed it off

• another snowfoam soak

• lightly went about washing bodywork using a single direction before rinsing and repeating until it felt clean (ish!)

• Did the above for each part of car

• Then for the first time used a clay bar... Can say i was pretty nervous!

• Clayed each panel and window

• final wash and dry to see the "damage"

• Apart from 1 scratch on the roof (not sure if i did it....) the car came up clean!

However the windscreen was that bad that i spent nearly an hour with clay bar on it! was near as damn it impossible to remove !

But after a sore arm and soggy toes its back to looking "normal" again!

Wish i had taken a pic before hand to show you but was so peeved off i didn't think to do it!

I am still tempted to get my local body shop to properly machine the car as my son has left lovley hand prints that wont lift as its sun cream! So don't know what to do about that!

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Had exactly the same thing happen to mine last Friday . See pics spent all weekend cleaning, demolition company and builders have accepted responsibility and will be recompensed. Going to push to have the glass coat re applied that was put on when I bought the car

0983e8ea4c97791587fd0795513c7ab4.jpg

932e5c1c56daf9991c4bf12cc63836e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk