• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Active braking Assissant
1 1

6 posts in this topic

AEBS is a confusing option.  It comes in the safety pack premium and the techno pack premium, neither of which is available (or weren't when I bought mine in March) for the Sig S Nav, which as it's the top of the range, suggests these are standard.  However a closer look at the brochure shows that everything in those packs is standard on the Sig S Nav, EXCEPT AEBS, which is just an option.

To further confuse the issue, again according to the brochure, all models have emergency brake assist, which by the name sounds like the same thing, but isn't, it just increases braking to maximum if it thinks you've braked in an emergency.  Not sure how that helps as in an emergency situation you'd have your foot firmly stamped on that brake!

31 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

If anyone can say the car is best left to decide how hard to brake then feel welcome.  Do you feel confident in applying enough brake if you are heading towards doom?  I dam well do.

I said I didn't see the point, in an emergency braking situation, I'd already be braking as hard as the pedal allows.  I guess it might help drivers otherwise unable to move their foot fast or hard enough.

Mercedes Benz did some research in the 1990's which showed that 90% of drivers tested failed to apply sufficient braking effort in emergency situations.

MB were introducing AEB into some of their cars at this time.

I imagine that if you had to stop quickly in an emergency you would prefer the car behind had AEB than not.