• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Water Ingress- Boot Space?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've seen the various posts regarding water leaks etc.... I have water ingress into the passenger side (UK) storage bin in the boot, next to the first panel of the removable floor? I had a cloth in there and noticed that it was wet. I couldn't remember whether i had wiped some water off the windows and put the cloth in there already wet? So, I let everything dry out and then a few days later it was wet again, it had been raining, but it did seem to be as a result of driving in the rain rather than sitting on the drive while it was raining, if you know what i mean? I checked the floor of the boot, where the spare wheel sits (optional extra) and there was a small pool of water. I've got it booked into the dealer on Thursday. Will let you know what they find.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same? 

Dynamique Nav, delivered beginning July 2017.

No, the dealer asked the same question.... They did say that they hadn't seen any issues with water ingress on the Kadjar. They also said that they may have to keep the car for up to a week!! Not great news? 

I had this, 1st dealer Roxby Southampton, said it was a split grommet on a wiring loom and have to replace the whole loom from front of car to boot!  Special order from Renault 2 weeks in all to fix, except it didn't fix it.

2nd dealer Westover Poole, 2 days to fix a seal, said they were amazed 1st dealer didn't find it.

If the same as mine it only had to rain for water to drip down from the access panel for rear lights.

All fixed now and no tow bar fitted. I  was told it's a known issue