• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Service
1 1

56 posts in this topic

we are on a service plan that costs £12 per month, covers all parts and labour, also if you decide to part with the car you get back any unused payments paid towards servicing .

For example if you part with the car before a service you have any money back paid in. 

Sounds very similar to what my the dealer was trying to sell me. But he couldn't get the car on their system.

I'll be trying another dealer anyway once the current issue is finished.

Yes .. I have got 3 years plan as I will only have to car for 3 years pcp so I can sell it on with a years warranty left.. should be worth more than trading back to Renault for another car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks kadcar. When you say all parts, do you mean stuff like brake pads or would that be extra on top.

I was told everything was included, all parts and labour for each service.  

They way it was explained was that your payments build up a pot of money so at the first service a smaller amount is taken out of the pot as only basic parts & labour are needed, so this leaves a sum of money in the pot, then you keep adding you payments so the pot grows, then on the 2nd service a bit more of the money would be used than the first basic service and so on.....

But your monthly payment stays the same.

Basically the pot grows so that there is enough in there to cover whatever parts and labour are required for each service.

What ever is in the pot "unused" you get back when you leave the plan.

I think that explains it ? 

I was told everything was included, all parts and labour for each service.

They way it was explained was that your payments build up a pot of money so at the first service a smaller amount is taken out of the pot as only basic parts & labour are needed, so this leaves a sum of money in the pot, then you keep adding you payments so the pot grows, then on the 2nd service a bit more of the money would be used than the first basic service and so on.....

But your monthly payment stays the same.

Basically the pot grows so that there is enough in there to cover whatever parts and labour are required for each service.

What ever is in the pot "unused" you get back when you leave the plan.

I think that explains it ?

That's interesting and different to the corporate plan which makes it clear only core elements are included. Thanks for the Intel. Another question to ask in a couple of weeks.

Thought you all might be interested to hear about this. My Kadjar was registered in August 2015 and was one of the first in the UK.. I bought it from the dealership where it had been their demonstrator. It's a 1.6dci SNav and as a demonstrator had the side steps, space saver spare and tools together with a full boot/ luggage area zipped liner included.

I spend a lot of time in France and as my cars 1st anniversary came along I had already contacted Renault UK ( who I found very helpful) and confirmed that I could have the car serviced at a French Dealer without compromising my warranty etc. The mileage then was 10770 and I had an A service, basically a thorough check over and replacement of the cabin filter. Cost 79€ which when you do the maths is around £65, quite a bit Les than the £83 I was quoted in the UK. Next time it needs to go in at 18,000 miles for the B service and the oil change. I will hopefully be in France again!

My oil level is just a little below the max level and hasn't altered very much since I bought it in February and I have to say that (touch wood) I have had no issues at all.

I guess like many on this forum, I've just come up to my first annual service (service interval is 12 months or 18,000 miles, whichever comes sooner). I was very surprised that there is no breakdown of what checks are actually carried out for an A Service. For every other car I've owned, the driver's handbook provides a list of the items that are checked. My invoice simply says "GO SERVICE VEHICLE" and "replace cabin filter". For £86.20. Now that's an expensive cabin filter if that's the only thing done during a service. Does anyone know what else - if anything - is checked during a minor service? My online service schedule (https://www.renault.co.uk/my-account/my-car.html) is telling me my next service is due in May..... only six months away and that includes changing the engine oil and oil filter. These schedules just seem a little bizarre!!

8 minutes ago, rammblings101 said:

I guess like many on this forum, I've just come up to my first annual service (service interval is 12 months or 18,000 miles, whichever comes sooner). I was very surprised that there is no breakdown of what checks are actually carried out for an A Service. For every other car I've owned, the driver's handbook provides a list of the items that are checked. My invoice simply says "GO SERVICE VEHICLE" and "replace cabin filter". For £86.20. Now that's an expensive cabin filter if that's the only thing done during a service. Does anyone know what else - if anything - is checked during a minor service? My online service schedule (https://www.renault.co.uk/my-account/my-car.html) is telling me my next service is due in May..... only six months away and that includes changing the engine oil and oil filter. These schedules just seem a little bizarre!!

Basically it's just replace the cabin filter on the first service and the oil if the car is on 18000 miles ,I think .I say I think because , when I showed the service schedule to the service manager , he couldn't really make sense of it either :blink: They check tyres ,oil and the  software of the car set up for corruption . Funny thing about it is that  , since my service , my mpg has dropped by a good 5 mph ???.

I didn't get a service schedule with my Kadjar either  . If you contact Customer Support they should be able to email a copy as they did with me

Just booked mine in for its first service .

i used the online booking system, very good , let me book it in on January 2 nd ... excellent , they must be working on a bank holiday ....

Then the phonecall came ... you have booked a day that is a bank holiday and the dealer / service dept doesn't open on a bank holiday ... 

oh well... I'll go for the 6th , delighted to find they will pick up my car and then drop it back... suggesting £92 ... 

perhaps they'll pump my front tyres , both now at 1.9!! 

23 hours ago, Manns said:

Just booked mine in for its first service .

i used the online booking system, very good , let me book it in on January 2 nd ... excellent , they must be working on a bank holiday ....

Then the phonecall came ... you have booked a day that is a bank holiday and the dealer / service dept doesn't open on a bank holiday ... 

oh well... I'll go for the 6th , delighted to find they will pick up my car and then drop it back... suggesting £92 ... 

perhaps they'll pump my front tyres , both now at 1.9!! 

What do you get for this?From what I can see, £92 (my dealer is quoting £97) is excessive for a quick once over and a filter change. The cost on the site for other basic maintenance is "interesting" as well

On 19/01/2016 at 4:50 PM, HTP99 said:

When you collect the car you should receive an A4 folder titled "Handover Documents" in this folder will be; warranty, roadside assistance and service schedule information.

Don't hold your breath on getting this!!!!!  Renault is crap at Service Recording, it's almost hidden in a few flimsey pages at the back of the Handbook. Still, that's the Frogs for you.    lol

What do you get for this?From what I can see, £92 (my dealer is quoting £97) is excessive for a quick once over and a filter change. The cost on the site for other basic maintenance is "interesting" as well

My dealer
Is quoting £97, it's basically getting the stamp for the warranty!

Wonder if you can opt out of the cabin filter, did that on my megane fitted one myself for £8 rather than £40 ish

I think the bodywork report is crap as well. I have informed the Renault garage that the servicing prices will have to be competitive or I go elsewhere I.e. to my local garage which is very good.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

HI  Just a note on dealer servicing if you do pay the little extra at dealer you will have a much greater chance of payment for any problems  that may  arise after warranty runs out  renault always check if dealer serviced, had a wheel bearing go on a koleos at about 85,000 miles 4+ years old had 3 year 60,000 mile warranty but renault paid all but £18 of the bill, it may be worth the extra if keeping vehicle a while ,plus if any problems arise while under warranty they cannot argue about maintenance if done by dealer as you have kept your end of the contract, a little something to think about me thinks  :rolleyes:

J.C. 

I think you are partially right as far as repairs are concerned but servicing is a different matter. The Renault garages charge a premium because they can and scare people into disputing warranty issues.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

well my car has a crank case oil leak ony done 1995 miles . Renault dealer is doing it under warranty , they say they have to take the engine out and never have done one before i am the first . real worried now

On 19/01/2016 at 4:50 PM, HTP99 said:

When you collect the car you should receive an A4 folder titled "Handover Documents" in this folder will be; warranty, roadside assistance and service schedule information.

We were not give this folder but later found it in the boot.