• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R link firmware
6 6

76 posts in this topic

That's good some of you can get galaxy s8 to work. As it's not on the list of supported devices here's hoping when I update it works....gutted about no android auto though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok folks calm down, talked to a few people today while my car was in for a service as well as Renault head office after I told my service centre what I wanted and didn't want.
The official line is that 2.2.18.590 has not been generally released yet. It's been installed on a randomly selected r link 2 systems for 'beta' testing.
If everything performs then it will go on general release through the rlink store at which time you can load it yourselves via USB.
Just a little while longer folks!

Ok folks calm down, talked to a few people today while my car was in for a service as well as Renault head office after I told my service centre what I wanted and didn't want.
The official line is that 2.2.18.590 has not been generally released yet. It's been installed on a randomly selected r link 2 systems for 'beta' testing.
If everything performs then it will go on general release through the rlink store at which time you can load it yourselves via USB.
Just a little while longer folks!

I would like to believe them but having been fed so much BS from them before my scepticism is in overdrive.Beta testing usually involves a controlled test and customer feedback right? How can you give feedback to the uk help desk if they have never heard of it? Or are they lying about that bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to believe them but having been fed so much BS from them before my scepticism is in overdrive.Beta testing usually involves a controlled test and customer feedback right? How can you give feedback to the uk help desk if they have never heard of it? Or are they lying about that bit.

It was my addition 'beta' testing. However it is controlled testing, they know what it is, they know where you are and they know how it's performing, how? Basically the cars owners who have it installed have signed away any privacy conditions by allow the transmission of data, they don't need human intervention as humans lie!

It was my addition 'beta' testing. However it is controlled testing, they know what it is, they know where you are and they know how it's performing, how? Basically the cars owners who have it installed have signed away any privacy conditions by allow the transmission of data, they don't need human intervention as humans lie!

Ha ha don't they just... customer services are very adept at alternative facts Didn't for a minute occur to me the R-link2 was sophisticated enough to remotely report faults when it has a hard job doing other stuff for me lol.

This is today's update from the R-link no help desk after allegedly bumping my query up to a manager a week ago...
"We are still waiting for information about software 2.2.18.590 and why is it available for some customers.

I will contact you as soon as I have any information.

My apologies for the delay."

I can only come to the conclusion that the only purpose of the UK R-link help desk is to write fob off apology emails to customers... they know nothing and can find out nothing. I might as well have asked my houseplant

So there hasn't been any info on what this "new update" 2.2.18.590 will contain - was looking for any mention of android auto or smartphone mirroring really - I know even with an update the renault nav is going to be sub-par. 

It will still be good to get an update and see how a full software update looks to explore if any tweaking is possible.

2.2.18.590 doesn't add smartphone mirroring, and it's unlikely the version 2 software branch will ever have this functionality.  

Smartphone mirrors seems to only exist on the V3 RLink2 firmware which is for a newer headunit equipped to 2017 built cars.

Had a phone call from a customer services minion today. He thought he was doing me a favour telling me "a firmware update will be available at the back end of the year" The bloke couldn't get off the phone quick enough after I outlined their trail of continuous false promises and BS. Couldn't answer a single question with a straight answer. Thanks for the pointless phone call was my parting line. Muppets!!

I'm taking mine in for an update tomorrow I will let all know what firmware it goes up to

Any luck having your r-link upgraded?

Mines has been upgraded to 2.2.18.590 all my phones now work im happy

Other than fixing your phone connection issue did you have any other problems that the update has fixed? And did you specifically ask for that version to be installed?

Other than fixing your phone connection issue did you have any other problems that the update has fixed? And did you specifically ask for that version to be installed?

No never asked I called for an update on the r link and they said one was available. Not sure what else has changed as not had a good look yet. I dont know how to update my maps though anyone know how to do this.

5 minutes ago, jadigga said:

No never asked I called for an update on the r link and they said one was available. Not sure what else has changed as not had a good look yet. I dont know how to update my maps though anyone know how to do this.

oh ok thanks for the info. There hasn't been a map update since July 2016. For instructions on how to download the Toolbox downloader and register for the r-link 2 store there are a bunch of video guides available ....once you get to the store its a bit like Old mother hubbard's cupboard though

https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr/help#

Took my Kadjar in to get software update sat for 3 hours in reception and then car returned NO UPDATE !!!!!! but i did find out a Perrys Aylesbury empolyee took my car for a ride to get his van booked into another local garage while i waited for my car to be returned, ( played back my dash cam to witnes this)

22 hours ago, Buder said:

Some say.... It will be an update in late November or in December, we will have to go to Renault service, it will take between 45 and 60 minutes and after that we will have 2017 maps. 

OK. Is this just a hope, is this 'baba čula baba rekla' (as I understand you are from Romania; this is on Serbian so I asume you will understand; for all other translation is 'I know one who knows one and he's been told') or  inside information from reliable source?

3 minutes ago, robertp said:

baba čula baba rekla'

Hahahhaha.. I understand this cause it sounds 1:1 in bulgarian, but I'm pretty sure he'll totaly not get it in romanian (different language groups).

On 02/10/2017 at 8:25 PM, Bogbag said:

Took my Kadjar in to get software update sat for 3 hours in reception and then car returned NO UPDATE !!!!!! but i did find out a Perrys Aylesbury empolyee took my car for a ride to get his van booked into another local garage while i waited for my car to be returned, ( played back my dash cam to witnes this)

what did you witness??????

The plot thickens!!! My 15 plate car went into Wolves Renault today to have a few minor jobs done. I asked them to do the Rlink2 firmware update as well. Got car back guess what no update. Phoned up service and then advised my car has latest version. Asked about the new update and told they had tried this on several cars and it does not work!!!! Piss up and brewery come to mind!!!!