• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R link firmware
6 6

67 posts in this topic

What is the latest update, and had anyone heard of a new update coming in September...I have just purchased a Kadjar and my Galaxy S8 does not work over bluetooth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, jadigga said:

What is the latest update, and had anyone heard of a new update coming in September...I have just purchased a Kadjar and my Galaxy S8 does not work over bluetooth

I have updated to the latest firmware and my galaxy s8 plus connects fine. 

Did you go into the r link to pair the devices together. That's what I did

Yes I am using a Galaxy S7 and my firmware was incompatible. I had my update done yesterday afternoon and can happily say that it's working now. Unfortunately the firmware can only be updated at the dealership.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Arthur_Kono said:

Marc, what information is showed in the "Network Status"? I haven't such menu entry.

This but don't know what it means to be fair

Point Blur_Jul292017_165205.jpg

2 minutes ago, Arthur_Kono said:

Thanks. It shows builtin SIM card information and connection status (signal strength, mobile network name, ...).

Why does it have a SIM card in it and what is the connection used for?

2 minutes ago, Arthur_Kono said:

For internet connection to get R-link store updates, weather information, online traffic for navigation, ... 

Ahhh I see. So you can do rlink updates in the car? I used a flash drive to plug in my pc then back into the car so don't I need to bother with that process as read that's how it was done online

Yes. I found that the "being informed" approach works best. I emailed my dealership and stated that I was on version x which was incompatible with my Samsung galaxy s7.but this new version y was released to address the issue and it can only be updated at the dealership. This should work. Otherwise escalate it to the manager.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's good some of you can get galaxy s8 to work. As it's not on the list of supported devices here's hoping when I update it works....gutted about no android auto though

Ok folks calm down, talked to a few people today while my car was in for a service as well as Renault head office after I told my service centre what I wanted and didn't want.
The official line is that 2.2.18.590 has not been generally released yet. It's been installed on a randomly selected r link 2 systems for 'beta' testing.
If everything performs then it will go on general release through the rlink store at which time you can load it yourselves via USB.
Just a little while longer folks!