• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R-Link Problems
3 3

15 posts in this topic

Hi all has any one ever had this issue come up it’s the first time for me I did also notice that there is no data connection too d8edfa99789b91c0b47f3b2041040ee2.jpgd7b90e3741f15480aca5641e63143691.jpg

Thanks Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI  How old is car and has connectivity expired,  phone is not connectivity. Has your subscription expired ???

Think also when you start up engine a pop up comes up about sharing data etc

J.C.

5 minutes ago, J C said:

HI  How old is car and has connectivity expired,  phone is not connectivity. Has your subscription expired ???

Think also when you start up engine a pop up comes up about sharing data etc

J.C.

That would be correct 

The phone symbol turning red just means No or Too Weak signal. I get it often round where I live, I just ignore it. Also 'pairing' sometimes gets it's knickers in a twist if you turn the car on when on a call. Turning car off and on again cures it. 

The phone symbol turning red just means No or Too Weak signal. I get it often round where I live, I just ignore it. Also 'pairing' sometimes gets it's knickers in a twist if you turn the car on when on a call. Turning car off and on again cures it. 

I’m not on about that see the pics at the top of the page it’s the data connection that I’m on about!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I see quite a few questions on the 'set up' of R Link 2 and it makes me think that some of the problems are what we called in the RAF 'finger problems' I.e. self induced operator problems. If everyone spent time in the car going through the setting up procedure and looking at the different functions then there might not be so many reported problems. The reason I am saying this is that my local Renault dealer stated that he had a few drivers in and they had to be shown the function of the unit and went away happy afterwards. I am not saying that this is true in all cases as I am sure the RLink 2 is under developed and has bugs in but Renault would have done an analysis of this against delaying the release of the Kadjar and made the decision to release against customer complaints.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Tonker said:

You know I see quite a few questions on the 'set up' of R Link 2 and it makes me think that some of the problems are what we called in the RAF 'finger problems' I.e. self induced operator problems. If everyone spent time in the car going through the setting up procedure and looking at the different functions then there might not be so many reported problems. The reason I am saying this is that my local Renault dealer stated that he had a few drivers in and they had to be shown the function of the unit and went away happy afterwards. I am not saying that this is true in all cases as I am sure the RLink 2 is under developed and has bugs in but Renault would have done an analysis of this against delaying the release of the Kadjar and made the decision to release against customer complaints.

Funny that in the electronics trade we call it "pilot error " ( the polite version ) :D . True that there are many cases of this but not everyone is tech savvy and why should they be ?. The whole set up procedure is not as user friendly as it should be , finding your serial number to register on the R Link Store  for instance .

How on earth do Renault expect anyone to know that you had omit the first 3 characters of the HUID without direct instruction ?

3 minutes ago, Tonker said:

I never did and it still worked, I hadn't read your advice before I did it emoji16.png

According to Renault , you only needed to insert your USB key into the car and it would automatically take a footprint and hence serial number of the car . Didn't work for me and others , you were probably one of the lucky ones :) . Also , when I purchased my Kadjar , they were using the horrendous Download Manager , R Link Toolbox was a substantial improvement 

But in reply about being tech savvy, yes I am, but the instructions are in the manual (downloaded on line) and all it takes is a bit of reading. Agree it is not intuitive but I have seen questions on here that if they had done a bit of work could have answered themselves. Again agree that this does not apply to the majority as undoubtedly there are problems with the system and Renault should be fixing these. But there are a small minority instead of whinging on here should instead find a bit of time reading or sitting in their car trying things out. Now watch the sh**storm coming my way. You are right about the pilot error and we had a lot more colourful term for it.

You'll always get that but isn't what a forum is all about? I wasn't criticising but when I was in the RAF we were always taught to read the manual when trying to fix the radars but the younger person doesn't want to read first and want the answer 'spoon fed' to them. Not all but the majority. I think the forum is mostly oldies and that is why I am surprised at some of the questions without seemingly attempting to work on the answer first. As previously stated, not criticising.