• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Central locking fault
1 1

4 posts in this topic

My new Kadjar developed a fault with its central locking.  The latch on the driver's door became slightly loose meaning that though the four passenger doors locked the boot didn't (because the requisite electrical connections weren't made).  The car looked locked and the four doors were.  Just not the fifth.  This meant my car was robbed a couple of weeks back whilst parked outside my house and my road bike stolen. 

Has as anyone else experienced this latch problem?  It took two minutes to tighten the bolt.  But the theft has cost me a lot of money. 

I can't recall having contactor connections everything is hard wired.
Are you saying the because one of the doors was not latched correctly that the boot didn't lock, and which latch was loose?

Intrigued by this one and can't remember anyone mentioning this before. My immediate thought was if one of the locks didn't engage the system would think it's open right? So what would happen? I expected maybe a pip from the alarm system warning you something was amiss. But that's not what happens. Leaving the boot slightly ajar i tried to lock the car. The usual things happen.. mirrors fold in (if you have auto folding ones) and the usual clunk sounds as if the doors were engaged and locked. What was missing in the sequence is the flash of the indicator lights indicating the alarm is set . None of the doors locks had actually engaged at all so everything was completely unlocked. The lesson for myself is not just to glance at the folded mirrors to assure me everything is locked and ok..I need to see the indicators flash to be sure.
Of course I can't replicate the OP's scenario and I guess the only way you could test if you had a faulty system would be to approach the locked car without the key fob on your person and try to open them one by one.
Bloody unlucky for some thief to try your car at random and find your boot unlocked though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to try it, but my tailgate won't let me I don't think.

However from experience my Megane with walk away locking had a fault with the drivers door lock were the lock motor gave up.
It was only through trying it one day, as I thought I heard a different sound that I found it.
I could dead lock it using the remote, but had to replace the lock eventually, out of warranty!

I have found that if you open the tailgate you need to open it up wide before it shuts properly.
If you try to latch it and pop it open a few inches it won't latch correctly.
Sounds as though there's a device in the lock which prevents this from happening