My first long trip
1 1

6 posts in this topic

That's superb, best I have managed with the 1.6dci is still 62mpg which I think is damn good going. I did 289 miles round trip yesterday Carlisle and back from Halifax. For best MPG you have to be lower side of 70, driving for work and wanting to get home can degrade it. I did 2.5 hours each way non stop, and credit to the Kadjar it was comfy for sitting so long - all motorway with little cabin noise and with my music playing (bluetooth from iPhone) it did really fly by. Sat Nav also did a perfect job, I'm getting used to not putting the post code in now and it got me dead on where I was going no problem.

17 minutes ago, JHFoto said:

I did try and keep my speed down to just under 70.....:)

That's pretty much what I get, the thing that ruins it is if you go much above 70. 63/69mph with eco off and no cruise control gives me the best results.

I have done about 500 miles of cold starts and 3/5 ,ile journeys over the last few months. (Message to self that's it's time for a good quick run to regenerate the filter)

Even under those conditions the overall figure is 53.6mpg. It has improved over 9k miles.

Mine has been steady at about 58 or 59 miles per gallon on a long run. Although the car was loaded to the gunwhales with wife, two grandaughters and their associated luggage (with makeup). I am quite pleased with it as I wasn't hanging about but have found the air conditioning on makes 1 or 2 miles per gallon difference.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk