New Kadjar
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I'm collecting my new Renault Kadjar Signature Nav tomorrow.   It has all the extra packs to bring it up to S specification (self parking etc)  except for the leather heated seats which we didn't want.   It petrol and automatic.   I hope to give you a review in a few weeks time. 

Welcome, I'm sure you will love it. I didn't go all the way to self parking - tempting as it was the added cost for the top tier was more then I felt I would ever use it. I'm sure you will love the car, but will find this forum a great help in figuring alot of the quirks it has out!

You're right I do love it.   Still getting used to it and it's a few years since I had an auto.   The self parking thing is amazing.

Didn't realise that it had a towbar.   There's a knob in the boot that activates the towbar which is normally hidden under the car.   It retracts when not in use.   I didn't order a towbar and, as they are rather expensive, I queried why it had been fitted and the salesman said that it had been fitted as the car had been put in the showroom as an example of what stuff could be fitted and that is why it had all the extra packs.   As it had been in the showroom for 90 days they had to sell it and we were not charged for the towbar or any of the extra packs.   In fact, the car cost us £20k.

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

Didn't realise that it had a towbar.   There's a knob in the boot that activates the towbar which is normally hidden under the car.   It retracts when not in use.   I didn't order a towbar and, as they are rather expensive, I queried why it had been fitted and the salesman said that it had been fitted as the car had been put in the showroom as an example of what stuff could be fitted and that is why it had all the extra packs.   As it had been in the showroom for 90 days they had to sell it and we were not charged for the towbar or any of the extra packs.   In fact, the car cost us £20k.

Best deal of anyones on here methinks, but 20K? how did you wangle that, a standard new one would have been K25£, or was it a petrol model?

Yes it is petrol.   I think we got the good price because of the length of time it had been in the showroom.   The girl sorting the finance said that they were not allowed (by Renault) to keep them for longer than 90 days.   I think Ford have a similar system as we once got a similar deal on a Focus.

Is this just luck or do you have a man on the inside? If this is a case of being in the right place at the right time you've got a brilliant deal. Do you want to send me next week's winning lottery numbers?

13 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Yes it is petrol.   I think we got the good price because of the length of time it had been in the showroom.   The girl sorting the finance said that they were not allowed (by Renault) to keep them for longer than 90 days.   I think Ford have a similar system as we once got a similar deal on a Focus.

So is that Renault Retail?? only ask as bought a Clio from them this year and smelt something similar.

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

Was the car pre-registered to the dealer?

If so, the dealer was being a bit disingenuous as they are not allowed to sell such cars until they have had them for 90 days.

Better it was in the showroom for that time (if it was) than parked in a muddy field.

17 hours ago, turboted10 said:

So is that Renault Retail?? only ask as bought a Clio from them this year and smelt something similar.

Yes it was retail.

12 hours ago, Wife'sKdj said:

If so, the dealer was being a bit disingenuous as they are not allowed to sell such cars until they have had them for 90 days.

Better it was in the showroom for that time (if it was) than parked in a muddy field.

No it wasn't pre-registered.   We didn't get the reg, no until the day we took delivery.   My son bought a pre registered  Kadjar a few weeks ago and we were so impressed with his that we bought ours.   

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

Yes it was retail.

No it wasn't pre-registered.   We didn't get the reg, no until the day we took delivery.   My son bought a pre registered  Kadjar a few weeks ago and we were so impressed with his that we bought ours.   

There are real deals to be had from Renault Retail Group, my only problem was that they mis-advertised the spec of the car we bought. Ok, not major, but we complained, they compensated. They dealt with it courteously, but only after I made a complaint about the manager of their Leics outlet.  They do have to do what Renault UK say, which I get.

What makes you think a car that wasn't pre-registered hasn't also sat in a muddy field awaiting a buyer? I paid £21000 for a pre reg Sig nav 110dci Auto that had 6 miles on the clock, probably the distance from the muddy field to a dealer maybe but worth the risk to save at least £5k. No one should ever pay the ticket price, tell them you want the car but not at that price and then head for the door, chances are you won't get to the welcome mat! I once got a new Corsa at a ridiculous price by haggling and eventually he asked me how much did I want to pay and that's what I paid. We are too snobby to haggle in this country and that's why we pay too much for everything!

------------------------
I can't be the only sane one here? 🤡
It's not my Kadjar, I'm only borrowing it off my Grandad!

5 minutes ago, Pottery said:

What makes you think a car that wasn't pre-registered hasn't also sat in a muddy field awaiting a buyer?

It could well have been.

Many moons ago when I was between jobs I worked for a main dealer (no names) mainly delivering new cars from storage compounds to the dealership. Some compounds were muddier than others.

However, with Kadjar there is usually (or was with ours) a wait of some months between order and delivery so unlikely many of them were in storage waiting a buyer.

It could well have been.
Many moons ago when I was between jobs I worked for a main dealer (no names) mainly delivering new cars from storage compounds to the dealership. Some compounds were muddier than others.
However, with Kadjar there is usually (or was with ours) a wait of some months between order and delivery so unlikely many of them were in storage waiting a buyer.

Or maybe the make you wait so you think it has come straight from the factory?

------------------------

1 minute ago, Pottery said:

Or maybe the make you wait so you think it has come straight from the factory?

Well, it didn't come straight from the factory, it (like many others) had to go through the import centre to have a faulty alarm system fitted.

If what you say is true my dealer must like queues of people at their sales desk asking why promised delivery dates have passed and must have so much money that they were in no hurry for mine.:D

Well, it didn't come straight from the factory, it (like many others) had to go through the import centre to have a faulty alarm system fitted.
If what you say is true my dealer must like queues of people at their sales desk asking why promised delivery dates have passed and must have so much money that they were in no hurry for mine.

Maybe, or that's just the excuse used when the field is so muddy even the tractor can't get them out?

------------------------

Well, we've had the car for just over three weeks now and I really like it.   My wife is madly in love with it.   I'm particularly impressed with auto gearbox.   It's very difficult to detect when the changes occur.   Although we've only used it in town, the 1.2 engine has a surprising amount of get up and go for such a big car.   My wife particularly like being able to talk to the satnav and tell it where you want to go.     I don't use it much as I have a Fiesta EcoBoost 1 litre Titanium  and I use that most of the time.   For a long journey though, I'd take the Kadjar every time.

Just had a first long run to Glasgow and back and mixed town and country driving gave us 39 mpg.