• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

RLink - BBC Watch Dog
3 3

27 posts in this topic

Hi All

Lets try and get something done about Renault's lack of action and false promises regarding the less than fabulous Rlink system.

I've just emailed The BBC Watchdog Consumer programme very briefly out lining these issue with the system. if enough of us email them I'm sure they will take up our complaints.

If you Google BBC Watchdog your see how easy it is!

Let me know below if you do it 

Many Thanks

I am currently awaiting a second phone call from Renault UK today regarding the r-link and upgrades and the lack of dab txt and dab and old maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, D13urg said:

I am currently awaiting a second phone call from Renault UK today regarding the r-link and upgrades and the lack of dab txt and dab and old maps

Good luck with that I got no where!

I did get a cheque for £75 out of them a couple of months ago to renew my map update subscription.The only drawback is there are no updates to be had and you would have to be a special kind of stupid to pay for a subscription service you can't have.
I believe their tune has changed now and they are saying everyone will get a free update even if their "free" 12 month period expires. Which to me implies they are expecting it to expire as nothing is being done.
I think they are just hoping you will get fed up of bashing your head against the brick wall or sell the car to some mug who doesn't care enough to complain.

I think you may be correct I will keep bashing my head against the wall till something is done it’s not on there just ripping people off left right and centre

I disagree and think its worth a go. They like to be little large companies for bad customer service etc and for a company to offer something and ask you to pay for it and don't get what you paid for is right up their street!

We have nothing to loose!

Hi can you let me have the contact details to contact Watchdog 

as I strongly agree I Paid close to 30k for the Kadjar only to find

no map updates and other issues all with R-link  and Renault 

don't give a stuff   HA HA we got your money now run along

little boy.........................ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH 

My next move if there's no forthcoming solution from my dealer/Renault is to initiate a rejection under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as the product (car) is not 'defect free'

As far as I am awhere you won’t be able to as there is no fault with the way the car drive or behaves on the road I’m not 100% on that tho

11 hours ago, abedegno said:

I would argue that the goods 'car' I purchased is a complete product - the infotainment system being an integral part of that.

That's exactly the way I see it . After all , if you're not interested in the technology , why not buy a base model and save a few thousand pounds ? Or put in perspective of another product , if you buy a Smart TV and the Smart functions don't work  can the vendor say the off air channels are working so the TV is fit for purpose ? No answers required 

The vehicle is not fit for 'my' purpose as I work in sales, do a lot of travelling so traffic alerts, satellite navigation and a good radio were all important requirements for me.  It's an integral part/bespoke part of the car - I cannot replace the unit with a 3rd party model.

HI  We bought a sig  NAV  to me it's in the name  NAV  and it,s now mid - end JULY 2017 and running on what Renault say are  latest maps June 2015 NOT HAPPY ------Try it on A1  tells you to turn left and there is NO  ROAD   just a CRASH barrier,  love the car but we bought a SAT  NAV  as part of the deal, if it had NOT had a sat nav we would NOT have bought the car,    wife HATES map reading  (not her fault she can,t do it it,s a woman thing )  (that should get a reaction or two )  3rd new renault we have had , all good cars BUT this may well be the last just because of old maps:(

J.C.

March 1st 2016

RED 1.6 sig nav  4x4   safe pack , entry lights  side steps 

I did another long run today from Wiltshire to Yorkshire and the Sat Nav was absolutely faultless, far better than my Garmin. It re routed when the traffic was heavy, made me avoid accidents (there were a few) and must have saved me an hour at least. Faultless

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Can't understand why is all the talk bout Nav and Android Auto. In Eastern and Central Europe works flawlessly!! The Android Auto is nothing interesting. Using it only for Spotify, but you can stream music via BT. NOTHING to be sorry about.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Sat navy seems to be fine on mine, traffic is intermittent but I put that down to the connection coverage, the Tom Tom aerial used to be the same.

Dab is dependent on the transmitter

CarPlay well that's annoying but I can't see them bending on that

The creaks in my leather seats when cornering annoys me more than anything