• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar Car Park Rule
3 3

60 posts in this topic

Is there some unwritten rule somewhere that states that a Kadjar can't be parked by itself in a car park?

Twice this week I've been to the shops and parked with a least 2 empty spaces to either side of me in  a car park with plenty of similar sized open spaces only to find on my return that another car has been parked right next to mine, still with plenty of multiple spaces free elsewhere.

What can explain this behaviour? I've not encountered this with other cars I've owned.

Maybe they park next to it as it's that attractive and to have a nosy when getting out their car. I know I have done the same to have a nosy at a nice car

Possibly both right - I just wish they'd leave enough room for me to open my door!

Friend of mine told me a while ago that he was once parked in a car park with no other car within 200 yards of him, a woman (sorry ladies) decided the best place to park was next to him and in doing so crashed her car into his.

He was not best pleased to say the least.

The actions of some people baffle me, and probably vice-versa.

18 minutes ago, Wife'sKdj said:

Possibly both right - I just wish they'd leave enough room for me to open my door!

Friend of mine told me a while ago that he was once parked in a car park with no other car within 200 yards of him, a woman (sorry ladies) decided the best place to park was next to him and in doing so crashed her car into his.

He was not best pleased to say the least.

The actions of some people baffle me, and probably vice-versa.

I was coming back to my car after a dog walk and someone was parked next to me (only 2 cars with about 50 spare spaces in the car park) their back door was open. As I got closer I saw 2 people in the back seat and a naked bum going up and down. Didn't realise I was parked at a local dogging area 😂😂 that was pre kadjar but thought I'd share haha

I'm thankful for the folding mirrors and also tend to park next to new or nearly new cars hoping that their owners are as careful opening their doors as I am. As cars have got wider, parking spaces have stayed the same (imagine trying to park a Q7/X5 or similar in Tescos on a Saturday morning).

I always park at the far back of car parks, especially supermarkets - where you can get empty bays either side of you. Another good one is to find the bays with a walk way / transition on one side that people can not park on and then parking more toward that to leave extra space between you and the next bay. It always makes me chuckle when I follow a car into the supermarket car park, and in the time I have parked up at the back and walked all the way to the entrance - they are still trying to park into the tightest space near the supermarket door to save...what? Time - I'm already in the Supermarket. It's the same mindset that park and then throw the door open using the car next to them as a stopping point for it - really grates on me and there is no need. Rude and Inconsiderate, but then we could get on a whole new topic about that.

11 hours ago, c0ff33 said:

I always park at the far back of car parks, especially supermarkets - where you can get empty bays either side of you. Another good one is to find the bays with a walk way / transition on one side that people can not park on and then parking more toward that to leave extra space between you and the next bay. It always makes me chuckle when I follow a car into the supermarket car park, and in the time I have parked up at the back and walked all the way to the entrance - they are still trying to park into the tightest space near the supermarket door to save...what? Time - I'm already in the Supermarket. It's the same mindset that park and then throw the door open using the car next to them as a stopping point for it - really grates on me and there is no need. Rude and Inconsiderate, but then we could get on a whole new topic about that.

Just to give a little extra perspective.  Some people try to park close to the entrance because they have mobility issues, and either didn't qualify for a blue badge, or all the blue badge spaces are full.  Sometimes an extra yard to walk really is too far.   Glad you are able to walk from the far corner of the car park. Personally, I can't make it round a supermarket, but I can just about make it from the closest space to the coffee shop next door!

2 hours ago, PatWar said:

My wife has a Blue Badge but I mostly do the shopping on my own. I'm very tempted sometimes but daren't chance it knowing my luck ...

Definitely don't chance it. Not only is it selfish and illegal to take up a disabled space you don't need, but the penalty for misusing a blue badge is having the blue badge taken away.  I'm not sure your wife would forgive you for that!

On 15/07/2017 at 8:35 AM, chookgate said:

Just to give a little extra perspective.  Some people try to park close to the entrance because they have mobility issues, and either didn't qualify for a blue badge, or all the blue badge spaces are full.  Sometimes an extra yard to walk really is too far.   Glad you are able to walk from the far corner of the car park. Personally, I can't make it round a supermarket, but I can just about make it from the closest space to the coffee shop next door!

Comment taken and understood - I didn't mean to "generalise" but I also think most of the people who frequent supermarkets far too often (with my family it's a on the way home call and get this most nights) also know the certain type I was targeting who have little regard for the condition of their cars and even less for the damage they do to others with them. Having spent the past six years taking my wheelchair bound mother places (now passed but not forgotten) I have a compassionate understanding for people with mobility issues and the difficulties they can present with or without badges. 

I think the rules have been tightened in the last couple of years. What Ted said is how it used to be interpreted, i.e. when shopping for my wife I could have used the badge. Not now. We have recently renewed her badge and the instruction pamphlet which came with it made it very clear: the badge holder has to be on board. I quote: Do not allow other people to use the badge to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you, unless you are travelling with them.  end quote.

I think that maybe Northern Ireland, rather than the UK, plus I was thinking and then somehow talking mobility car rather than blue badge. But I think you are right, if the disbaled badge holder cannot be shown to be with the car then it can/will become an issuing authority issue rather than anything insurance negating or illegal. I bow to you.

Same rules throughout UK. No worries...it's a common misconception you would qualify if doing something on behalf of the holder.I will admit to thinking the same until my partner became a holder.

Edit .. I see Pat has said there have been rule changes that I wasn't aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, PatWar said:

I think the rules have been tightened in the last couple of years. What Ted said is how it used to be interpreted, i.e. when shopping for my wife I could have used the badge. Not now. We have recently renewed her badge and the instruction pamphlet which came with it made it very clear: the badge holder has to be on board. I quote: Do not allow other people to use the badge to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you, unless you are travelling with them.  end quote.

Not only travelling with them, but in the UK as well as Northern Ireland, if the blue badge holder remains in the car, then it is a blatant misuse of the badge to park in a blue badge space.  Be honest, if you are not entitled to a blue badge, why should you get to park in a space needed by a disabled person just because you have a disabled person sitting in the car (even if that's the driver)?

There have been occasions where I've had to turn around and drive home because there was no where close enough for me to park.  I'd hate to think some of the spaces were taken up by fit people running errands on behalf of a disabled person.  

6 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

They simply pay directors "healthy salaries " but make no profit,  Yeah.:P.

It's still business, big business, which you will see if you drive around any supermarket car park

Do motability cars have identifying stickers on them?

14 hours ago, turboted10 said:

You have 1 don't you? take a look. Often a "leave wheelchair access" on the rear screen gives a clue, but I do take your point

They used to have, on the back of the tax disc holder. It showed motability contact details. Today? most blue badge holders take advantage of the Motability scheme.

But no, they don't go hand in hand, but many disabled folks would never be able to fund and run a decent car without Mobility

We had entitlement 11 years ago but only recently felt the need to go with Motability. However there is a very large majority of less than 3 year old cars in the bays, you decide who's financing them. People with disabilities see them as essential and given that Motability only finances near new cars, well...That fact miffs many able bodied drivers which is possibly why they show no respect for newer cars in those areas.

I don't qualify for motability since I can walk more than 20 metres, but I can't walk more than 50 metres so I do qualify for a blue badge,  I have been fortunate enough to have had a good job, the sense to have savings, and the luck of a decent workplace pension, so I was able to buy my brand new Kadjar without government help, though I doubt I'd have spent the money if I hadn't needed a car I could get in and out of more easily, and had the physical strength and endurance to visit more garages!

I think everyone thinks they're the norm, so you have motability and assume everyone else in the blue badge bays with a decent car has it, and the able bodied are resentful.  I don't have motability, in fact as a previously able bodied person, had never even heard of it until I started having mobility issues and started googling things that could help me. I have also known many people who have or have had brand new cars, and even when I had no money, was never resentful or assumed they had some sort of government help to get it (jealous maybe though!).

It's good to learn of other people's viewpoints, it certainly adds to my breadth of knowledge and experience.

...Or maybe we consider ourselves an elite group and some snobbish instinct kicks in?, doubt it, but it may be as simple as wanting to get the opportunity to bump into the other driver and discuss R Link issues

I think you have hit the root cause of most of the issues on this forum! BTW if I park next to a Kadjar and the owner wants to discuss R-Link issues I will politely direct him to Social Services for sectioning! 🤣🤣🤣

------------------------
I can't be the only sane one here? 🤡
It's not my Kadjar, I'm only borrowing it off my Grandad!

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, turboted10 said:

Putting this all back on track to answer the original question, "why can't you pask without another similar car parking along side??".

Interesting discussion this, although it did drift off track slightly.

Just to clarify, it seems some drivers of any car type are attracted to my Kadjar in car parks, luckily not had a dink yet.

I've also seen people squeeze their car into the tightest space available just to be one yard nearer the door then spend 10 minutes trying to extricate themselves from the car.

On the question of spaces for people with disabilities or children, I'm all for them (though I've never needed the first and the second weren't around when I did need them) I do find that supermarkets especially seem to overprovide them.

I've seen many occasions when a car park has been full to overflowing with dozens of unused reserved spaces.

Is there some planning law that supermarkets have to follow regarding reserved spaces?