Hack the nav files?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

I moved my post to this new topic. So, I intend to try to hack the "update" files for navigation.

I re-downloaded the 2015 maps files.

I changed the extension of the files from .sku  to .zip.

I downloaded from internet new maps (Q1 - 2017)

I downloaded from internet a md5 generator.

I checked if my md5 will generate the same code as the Renault (it does).

I replaced in the zip files the Renault maps with my new maps and my new md5 files.

I made new md5 codes for the .zip files.

I renamed the .zip back to .sku

Seems to be OK. But if it is not....  just wondering if I will be able to reset the R Link.

And I see that the .stm files just say

purpose="copy"

I want to have the buildings directory (for those nice 3d buildings and landmarks) I am not sure if I need to change the purpose  to something else...

So, some help from somebody with better skills than mine will be appreciated!!!

Interesting. I will appreciate it, if you will keep us informed of how your'e progressing. For my old TomTom there are loads of possible modifications to be found in different forums, unlocking "hidden" and improved functions.

Skickat från min SM-T705 via Tapatalk

On 11.7.2017 at 6:03 PM, Buder said:

purpose="copy"

I want to have the buildings directory (for those nice 3d buildings and landmarks) I am not sure if I need to change the purpose  to something else...

"copy" is OK. And if you want later to remove your package, just make new one with  purpose="delete".

But your new files probably woudn't work because of missing correspondenig license file. During installing "Sync tool" will check files and need of licenses by it's rules inside R-Link2:

[Content_global_cfg]
device_dir="/map/content/global_cfg"
update_media_dir="content/global_cfg"
files="*.zip"
recursive=0
operation=update_only
check_licenses=0
static_update_keeps_recent=1

[Content_lang]
device_dir="/map/content/lang"
update_media_dir="content/lang"
files="*.zip"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=0

[Content_map]
device_dir="/map/content/map"
update_media_dir="content/map"
files="*.fbl,*.fda,*.fpa,*.ftr,*.fjv,*.fjw,*.hnr,*.fsp,*.zip"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_building]
device_dir="/map/content/building"
update_media_dir="content/building"
files="*.3dc,*.3dl"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_car]
device_dir="/map/content/car"
update_media_dir="content/car"
files="*.zip"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_dem]
device_dir="/map/content/dem"
update_media_dir="content/dem"
files="*.dem"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_scheme]
device_dir="/map/content/scheme"
update_media_dir="content/scheme"
files="*.zip"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=0

[Content_tmc]
device_dir="/map/content/tmc"
update_media_dir="content/tmc"
files="*.tmc"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_vr]
device_dir="/map/content/vr"
update_media_dir="content/vr"
files="*"
excluded_files="*.md5"
recursive=1
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=0

[Content_poi]
device_dir="/map/content/poi"
update_media_dir="content/poi"
files="*.poi"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_phoneme]
device_dir="/map/content/phoneme"
update_media_dir="content/phoneme"
files="*.ph"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_speedcam]
device_dir="/map/content/speedcam"
update_media_dir="content/speedcam"
files="*.spc"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

[Content_voice]
device_dir="/map/content/voice"
update_media_dir="content/voice"
files="*"
; in RADNAV proj. we have uncompressed voice files too, not only zipped voices
excluded_files="*.md5"
recursive=1
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=0

[license]
device_dir="/iGO/license"
update_media_dir="license"
files="*.lic,*.lyc,device.nng"
recursive=0
operation=copy
check_licenses=0

[license_special]
device_dir="/iGO/license"
update_media_dir=""
files="*.lic,*.lyc,device.nng"
recursive=0
operation=copy
check_licenses=0

[version]
device_dir="/map/content"
update_media_dir="content"
files="dbver.pinfo"
recursive=0
operation=copy
check_licenses=0

We have to know SWID or get device.nng file from HU (head unit) for any progress.

And if you want later to remove your package, just make new one with  purpose="delete".

I intend to insert and the "buildings" files and I am not sure if only "copy" is enough (I need to make or not the dir?). As I see from your file (what file is that?) we have the dir:

I have a number of licence files. They work with ANY gps device I have (with Android). I am thinking of add all those .lyc to the .zip file.

device.nng  - I remember it will give you conflict if you change the .apk file (and there will be no problems if you just update the content dir). Am I correct?

With R Link Renault just intended to make our life miserable. MediaNAV and MediaNAV Evolution were good enough and easily to be improved (with apps like Menaco) so, because Renault guys are idiots they replaced  MediaNAV and MediaNAV Evolution just to block us. I can understand the Renault need for control but in the same time I just ask for a decent navigation and updated maps.

I hate Renault!

12 hours ago, Buder said:

what file is that?

It's  a sync_files.ini from SyncTool apk and it located inside of R-Link2. This app control all installings and updates.

12 hours ago, Buder said:

device.nng  - I remember it will give you conflict if you change the .apk file (and there will be no problems if you just update the content dir). Am I correct?

As our navigation is based on iGO I can say the following. Device.nng is unique for each device and if you delete it, navigation apk will create it again. I don't know from which parameters device.nng generated. It can be Android device ID, R-Link serial and who know what else. You can not subtitude it from other device. Content update not depending from device.nng.

It's  a sync_files.ini from SyncTool apk and it located inside of R-Link2. This app control all installings and updates.

OK. As I can see the sync_files.ini just check the type of files (.*.3dc,*.3dl) and not the name of files.

They will copy all files "*.lic,*.lyc, device.nng" even though on update stick will have only a *.lic.

If you don't have connectivity on R Link 2 the stupid thing will not be able to get info about what to copy from other source than the stick. So, I guess everything must be on stick.

Is interesting this part:

[Content_building]
files="*.3dc,*.3dl"
recursive=0
operation=pseudocopy
check_licenses=1

On my car I don't have any buildings. Do you have in UK version?

I guess we will need a R Link 2 (just for tests) or the possibility to "factory reset" if something goes wrong. :) Or we can wait for Russians or Chinese to find a solution.

If you create a folder on the USB stick called "logfiles_mm2014 file and create a new file inside called named: logging 

You get some great info on what process happens is this any good to you ? It goes through the Authenticate process then starts to load the new file system ?

example

"init: LD_LIBRARY_PATH = LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/vendor/lib:/system/lib:/iGO/lib/11:/media/lib/11"

"18.161639 / 01-01 00:00:17.640] access android_usb gadget: Mass Storage Function"

maybe some one with coding can initiate the access ?

Any further reading on this guys or update ?

Billyboy

17 hours ago, WorWilly said:

If you create a folder on the USB stick called "logfiles_mm2014 file and create a new file inside called named: logging 

You get some great info on what process happens is this any good to you ? It goes through the Authenticate process then starts to load the new file system ?

example

"init: LD_LIBRARY_PATH = LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/vendor/lib:/system/lib:/iGO/lib/11:/media/lib/11"

"18.161639 / 01-01 00:00:17.640] access android_usb gadget: Mass Storage Function"

maybe some one with coding can initiate the access ?

Any further reading on this guys or update ?

Billyboy

The danger of damaging the software is too big. I tried to find a R Link 2 in a scrapyard ... but the price is higher than I expected and it is cheaper to buy a dedicated GPS Nav (or use the phone).

I just thought Renault being Renault would keep it simple and replacing whole map files and just renaming them may work ?

Tom Tom maps themselves are readily available on the net, 2017 version, and are far more up to date than the Renault version.

I've been looking through the logging files themselves and can see the map file clusters and the names but have no idea to switch them or I would try as lets face it, its just software and can be re-written. I've a clip and re-prog with the latest up=date files but don't know if it contains map up-dates ? I know it up-dates the likes of the Injectors but don't know where the map data would be stored under ? I'm sure the firmware can be up-dated by Clip, but the maps themselves ?

If anyone has any further info on this I'd try it on my head unit ?

As lets face it, Renault aren't looking out for the owners are they ? If they aren't going to keep it going make it open source ?

Arthur is that not for the SDcard ? As it's the usb section for the Kadjar ?

I've not read them all just skipped through but under the usb section I'm sure you can see he map files by name....

The USB section is identified ?

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.ACCESS_VEHICLE_DATA in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.ACCESS_VEHICLE_ID in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.ACCESS_VEHICLE_DATA in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.ACCESS_VEHICLE_ID in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.ADDON_APP in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.secure.permission.TRUSTED_THIRD_PARTY_APP in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.PERMANENT in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

05-16 12:54:45.305 W/PackageManager( 2121): Unknown permission tomtom.permission.SHARE_USER_DATA in package net.atos.renault.appmarket

Wish I could code ....

WoW just opened the Kadjar files (changed the last three letters to rar) and the similarity to the igo 2017 Quarter 3 sytem files is unreal ?

I wonder if the last letters on those files were changed and replaced would it install ?  I may just try it  Lol ....

As lets face it, were not going to get another update off Renault, so they couldn't cry fowl !!!  Even if we had another update it would still make it 2 years old Yet the igo are a few weeks old ? No brainer, after all, it can only say error while checking the install files ?

Example of the Europe map...

Renault one "Albainia.fbl   size 4411.00"  and the igo one "Albania_HERE_2017.Q3_170728.fbl     size 5913.00"

Albaniafbl.M5  size 32k   the igo   Albania_HERE_2017.Q3_170728_(TI).ftr   size 23k

Albaniafbl.stm  size 16k   the igo    Albania_HERE_2017.Q3_170728_(DA).fda  size 18k

obviously its the same for all countries but do you see where I'm going with this ?  Keep all the install files but just change the map, buildings, speedcams and phoneme, 

52 minutes ago, WorWilly said:

Just trying to install the newest maps onto our kadjar head units using Renault’s install procedure!

You have those 3 (or 4) files downloaded with Renault Update. First make a copy to be sure you have it safe. Somewhere is a file telling WHAT version will be installed. You MUST keep this file unchanged.

Then you download a MD5 freeware (all are OK). You can check if the MD5 is working with the Renault update (it works, I checked).

Then you download new maps, chose one you can try (the one for your country) replace it in the Renault update, use MD5 for the check file, compress it, change the extension back.

Now you are ready for install. We just assume Renault don't have other checks. What can happen?

1. It works and you are the proud owner of a new map! Hurray!

2. It doesn't work and you will have ALL maps working but the one you replaced. It is not bad. You just take the copy you kept on PC and try again.

3. You brick R Link 2. You must reset it to factory software. This is what you must be sure you can do.

My advice: try first with a map you don't care if you lose it, like Saint Kitts and Nevis?!?!

Now I am trying to make DDT2000 working. I am sure you can connect to R Link 2 and have it like an external memory and you can manipulate files.

I have the licence file too ?  Looking at it compared to the Renault licence that are the same abut names ?

if you get a copy it’s amazing how the 2 sets of files are the same but for names

the only thing the Igor does not have is the install and voice 

That .lyc file is only for R Link 2, I guess. I have a .lic file (iGO_2009_Amigo_WW_DEMO_2009_05_01.lic) from IGo and I saw the same on different navigation devices working without any problem. There are more than 220 .lic or .lyc files.

If you use not hacked software, then no matter how many lic files you have. You just need right licenses for your device. Licenses generated from unique for each device SWID code and works only on that device. Old iGO and Amigo using lic. Newer iGO versions (Primo, Avic, Nextgen) have lyc extension of license file.